What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happens to vids downloaded via the Itunes App on Ipad 1?

ualrichburke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Anyone.

I know Razputin's asked a similar question - but mine's got a twist!

I'm a complete Ipad noob, got given this one and I've only ever used PC stuff before - it's like being faced out by an alien, this thing. Anyway. I went into Itunes. Found online universities with legit. free, interesting looking programmes - videos. So I chose 3 to watch. The first one started downloading and the other 2 said WAITING, so I left the Ipad to it and went and did something else.

Came back and nothing was downloading any more - but I couldn't find the videos anywhere. Read Razputin's thread about podcasts and thought I'd look under Videos to see if my downloads were there. So I pressed the Video icon - and here's the twist. On the top of the black screen, it says Syncing. I don't know what that means in this case. In the middle of my Ipad screen there's a picture of a little TV set or computer monitor, whichever you want to call it. Underneath the picture, it says Canceling Synch. That screen, with Syncing up the top and Canceling Synch under the little pic. of a TV, has been there for 5 hours so far!

How do I make it make up its mind to either Synch (as it says it's doing up the top of the screen) or Cancel the Synch (as it says it's doing under the TV set) and actually let me watch my 3 little videos, assuming they're there at all? And if we can get it to stop synching/not synching and it turns out the videos AREN'T there - where else can it have put them?

Yours head-scratchingly

Ualrichburke

Most reactions

Latest posts