What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What happened to the good golf games?

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had Real Golf, Tiger Woods, Let's Golf 3, and some others, and now they are nowhere to be found in the App Store. Where are the good golf games, the simulations, or close to it?

I also don't want a golf game that requires that I am online.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I used to play Let's Golf as well. Haven't in a long while, but I"m surprised to see it, and all it's decendents, gone. It was a nice game.

There seem to be plenty of golf and golf related games when you search, but I haven't tried any of them. Well, except Desert Golfing; a reduculously simple yet addicting game only somewhat related to golf.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have Tiger Woods on my iPad, but rarely play - have not looked for others.

BUT, back in the mid-1980s, my early teen son and I played Mean 18 golf together, an old DOS game w/ a square ball - :). Some screen captures found googling - can't recall how many hours we spent in heated competition! Dave
image.jpeg

OP
kctay

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Weird, I found Let's Golf, and Let's Golf 3 on my 'purchased items' list on my pad, and was able to download them. They work fine. Makes no sense that they are no longer available. Most of the new golf games are utter garbage.

I did find Real Golf in my old purchases and installed that, but it wouldn't work.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Weird, I found Let's Golf, and Let's Golf 3 on my 'purchased items' list on my pad, and was able to download them. They work fine. Makes no sense that they are no longer available. Most of the new golf games are utter garbage.

I did find Real Golf in my old purchases and installed that, but it wouldn't work.
Unless an app is removed from the App Store by Apple for violating App Store guidelines, the decision as to whether or not the app will remain in the App Store is up to the developer. Since those apps are still in your App Store purchase history, they were likely removed from the App Store by the developer.

Most reactions

Latest posts