What happened to my photos?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Timey, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Timey

Timey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Hi everyone,

I'll try to explain what's happened, I had recently taken some photos and then I decided to finally use iPhoto to sync my photos... After a few days I noticed that my gmail account and google + (since I believe they're connected, i never use google +) had one of the photos I had taken a few days earlier... Now... I'm not saying that iPhoto is the cause of this but I don't know since I never use google + and I don't really care for a profile pic in gmail. But I really have no idea how that photo ended up there, is it possible that on my iPad or iPhone I set it somewhere and iCloud automatically set it as profile in gmail? Or something like that?

#1 Timey, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    I don't know how the photo got there either. Nothing in iCloud or iPhoto will let you share a photo to Google+ directly. Even if you want to.

All I can suggest is that Google has a lot of routes to collect your photos. Almost any Google related app that you can share or post a photo to will end up in Google+.

They really want you to use their social stuff.

But you do have to do 'something' in Google. Just taking the picture or share/copy/syncing it to iCloud or iPhotos won't give it to Google.

3. Timey

Timey
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Shat could I have done to set it as profile pic? It was a photo with me with my gf so I must have set it somewhere I think and then it automatically got updated as profile pic is what I'm thinking. But I can't recall setting that photo anywhere, it got uploaded as all do in photo stream in icloud, but I can't recall if I set it somewhere and then from there it got uploaded to google. It wasn't some random pic that's why i'm thinking that i must have set it as main photo somewhere, is there anywhere that would then upload it as profile pic automatically?

4. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your Gmail account. If you use a profile picture there, it's also used everywhere else - Hangouts, Google+, everything that has to do with Gmail.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    And YouTube, which is easy to overlook since it doesn't have Google or a big G hanging off its name.