What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what happen to my ipad?

kchoi85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
what happen to my ipad?

is this software error?

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 349

rowan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
rowan.us
You're in New York, so set-up an appointment at the genius bar of your choice and bring it in ASAP! It doesn't matter if it's software, hardware, firmware, nowhere-based, that ain't normal!

Max

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.maxtatau.com
wow, its the ultimate killer app!

all bad jokes aside, if a reset, hold top button and home button, and/or restore doesnt kick it, bring it back!

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We see this all the time in laptops in the shop, it's a video issue on the logicboard. Replacement is imminent, definately be sure take it to an Apple Store for replacement.

Out of curiosity... Had you attempted any Jailbreaking on this device?
Just future reference for other forum members.

PS: Watch the video from the PCWorld iPad Stress Test. This guy dropped it only a couple of times onto a carpeted floor from lap height on a couch and the screen got similar if not exact symptoms that yours has.
Only theirs was limited to the top portion of the screen, this is very indicative of a LCD panel ribbon cable becoming dislodged from the back of the panel that leads to the logic board.

Stress TEst link

Last edited:

jenna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks to me to be similar to what I have seen with broken e-ink screens.

Most reactions

Latest posts