What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What ever happened to live themes and wallpapers?

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that the only thing that android has over Apple. I would really like to see some koi fish swim on my Ipad 2 while I search for an app to use. Honestly how do you create the best tablet in the world and not have live wallpaper. Apple needs to step there game up.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha! I can't answer why they don't have live wallpapers, but for the two seconds I see the wallpaper as I choose an app, it could be a picture of a house brick for all I care!

OP
AaronB.

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Milliebert said:
Ha! I can't answer why they don't have live wallpapers, but for the two seconds I see the wallpaper as I choose an app, it could be a picture of a house brick for all I care!

Touché

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. I would really like to see some koi fish swim on my Ipad 2 while I search for an app to use.

I have live fish that I actually feed on my iPad ~ very cool. And what does Apple have to do with live wallpapers and themes? They don't make that, do they? They created the devices to put on the live fish you can't find.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I have live fish that I actually feed on my iPad ~ very cool. And what does Apple have to do with live wallpapers and themes? They don't make that, do they? They created the devices to put on the live fish you can't find.

It'd make a funny skit... People walking out of Apple stores all over the world and not buying the ipad because they can't see live fish. He he x

OP
AaronB.

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
the biggest tech company in the world who sell gazillions of their products constantly, need to up their game.....really?

I understand what apple is capable of. I feel that they are slacking on certain things within there company. Such as siri for ipad's, live theme wallpaper, and stuff like not recreating the exterior of the iphone 4s.

OP
AaronB.

AaronB.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

What app?

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AaronB. said:
Is that the only thing that android has over Apple. I would really like to see some koi fish swim on my Ipad 2 while I search for an app to use. Honestly how do you create the best tablet in the world and not have live wallpaper. Apple needs to step there game up.

I dunno but you look like a cardboard cut out.

"Gentlemen, we may not make history tomorrow, but we shall certainly change the geography." General Plumer

Arble

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It appears that in iOS 5 Apple has put measures in place to prevent a 3rd party app from having ongoing interaction with some core functions of the operating system. Unfortunately wallpapers is one of them

Most reactions