What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does your Screen Name/Member ID mean?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lead character in Imajica was John Furie Zacharias, his nickname was Gentle. From that I derived Gentle Fury because I always appreciated the ironic combination.

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hah! Yes, I remember too! 1500.00$ for a 5megabyte hard drive!!!

My first computer was a Mac 512k with double diskettes...
Color was just a dream then.

Last edited:

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xune

Phonetic equivalent of Microsoft's ill-fated mp3 player - name was chosen as homage to the Xbox360, and hopes at the time I created the user name 4 years ago, that Microsoft would incorporate gaming into the player, or offer a portable handheld version of the Xbox360.. which of course never happened, unless we count the paltry list of games that nearly no one noticed towards the end of zune's lifecycle (which btw, hasn't officially ended, but doesn't appear to have much wind left in it's sails.. especially when the launch of Windows Phone 7 (terrible marketing name if you ask me) fell well short of Redmond's goals.

Anyways, before I segway into an entirely different subject matter, that is how the name xune came to be. As I have noticed, there are more than a few people on various forums using the name, but I most certainly am not on all of those sites. If you ask me, I think that Microsoft should have named their little.. okay, not so little in the beginning, mp3 player the xune, or at least capitalized on their success with the Xbox platform and produced a portable handheld called the xune, but what do I know.. I've only been in marketing for a dozen years or so now, lol.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hah! Yes, I remember too! 1500.00$ for a 5megabyte hard drive!!!
That ain't nuthin'

a97232_g160_1-10mb.jpg

Or maybe you wanted a Tandy 5000 --

tandy5000_1.jpg

And the price did not include a monitor or a mouse!

xune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
^ lol, "lightning fast" and "20 MHz" should not go together

(if lightning were that fast, I think that I could see it coming and move out of the way :p)

Ahh.. those were the days. Apple IIe's, Commodore 64's, Amiga's, Wang's, and Tandy 1000's.

Reminds me of a thread I posted back months ago on another forum.. brb. Gonna see if I can dig it up and share some old school pics. Oh yeah.. they're old alright. They're gonna make that hard disk pictured above seem like future tech! :D

Last edited:

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not quite as aged as some of you, but I do remember my family's first computer was a Packard Bell 286sx and it was about $3000. It's amazing that people complain how expensive Apple computers are today, it used to be a lot worse!

earlyadopter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last couple posts were great! It seemed that all home PC's in the good old days were $3,000 a pop. I scratch my head every time I read a post from people trashing the iPad. This thing is cooler than cool.

I can still remember, when I was a young steel mill electrician, programming the rolling mill set up in BCD. It was a brand new, state of the art rolling mill that used core memory.

**Rae**

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is easy...name is Raeann and I like using rae or raerae. Always in use, so the ** help.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lead character in Imajica was John Furie Zacharias, his nickname was Gentle. From that I derived Gentle Fury because I always appreciated the ironic combination.

Too cool. I have read that book three times over the years.

I'm not that creative when it comes to forum names. I used to use my real full name because I wanted people to know who they were talking to. Seems too risky these days so I shortened it a bit.

Last edited:

NightHawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NightHawk
because I work midnight shift....though about nightowl...but naw...
it works, and the other ones were taken....

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Means what it means....I do wish I could change it though, it is just too vague and simple.

Most reactions

Latest posts