What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does this mean?

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Normally, I would expect it to indicate an update is available. But AppStore says all my apps are up-to-date. It only shows on this one app as per the screen shot. It showed 3 for a while. Now it's showing 5.

DZTeB.png

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally, I would expect it to indicate an update is available. But AppStore says all my apps are up-to-date. It only shows on this one app as per the screen shot. It showed 3 for a while. Now it's showing 5.

DZTeB.png

In other apps I have, it usually means there's a message from this app or it's your turn (number references how many games it's your turn in), or something like that.

What happens when you run the app?

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Other than it runs normally, nothing unusual happens. I'm stumped by that message... or where to look for it.

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since it appears to be a calculator, have you put any numbers in its memory function? Maybe the number is to remind you there's something in memory.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have that program. It has always shown a "1". Wrote to developer but never heard anything.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go through the info buttons or menus. There may be an update/news section that has stuff. Or if you are tired of looking at it go to your settings, general, notifications and turn off notifications for that app.

Might be something on the in-app purchase section too, if it has one.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It was free, so I downloaded it. The question mark icon on the lower left, below the Template list, had a red badge with a one on it. It pulls the PowerOne Blog. Check that and and I bet the badge on the app icon goes away.

OP
S

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That was it twerppoet. Newsbadges! Thanks a bunch. The blog was an interesting read too. Which leads to another, unrelated question: if I install an app and choose not to allow push notifications (if given the choice), can I change that later? If so, how is that typically accomplished?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings, Notifications, and pick the app you want. You have the options to turn on/off Sounds, Alerts, and Badges.

You can also turn off all notifications globally.

My earlier instructions were wrong. Rattled them off from memory, and I was wrong. Yes, I was wrong. But now I am right, so there.

Most reactions

Latest posts