What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does the BE mean in date&time?

yuzuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was changing the date on the iPad when accidentally scrolled the wrong one. Instead of changing the day, I changed the BE. Now I can't install any apps. D: what do I do? Please help! :confused:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Date and time should be automatic, especially with the 3G version. First thing to do is get it on the proper date and time. I have never heard of a BE, unless it is a city abreviation.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was changing the date on the iPad when accidentally scrolled the wrong one. Instead of changing the day, I changed the BE. Now I can't install any apps. D: what do I do? Please help! :confused:

Like the other poster, I've not heard of the 'BE'. Two questions come to mind - why were you changing the data and time, this should normally happen automatically, which makes me think that you weren't in the 'Settings' menu changing date and time but perhaps in a third-party app - say a diary or task manager app - and setting the date and time of an event or anniversary.

Could you give us some more information?

Tim

OP
Y

yuzuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like the other poster, I've not heard of the 'BE'. Two questions come to mind - why were you changing the data and time, this should normally happen automatically, which makes me think that you weren't in the 'Settings' menu changing date and time but perhaps in a third-party app - say a diary or task manager app - and setting the date and time of an event or anniversary.

Could you give us some more information?

Tim

cause the date was wrong, it showed the 12th instead of the 10th. It happened yesterday.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here has heard of 'BE' - would it be possible to take a screen shot (Press 'Home' and 'Power' simultaneously, the screen shot will be put in the iPad's Photo app) and post it so that we can see this very unusual case?

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry about all the hassle. We are so puzzled by this 'BE' problem and we can't seem to see anything like that here, so we suspect we're completely misunderstanding the issue - my fault for that!!

There's a thread here that will help you upload a picture

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/23976-how-do-i-post-picture-site.html

but if that's going to be too much of a hassle try to describe in as much detail as you can where very precisely you see this 'BE' - does it appear on the rotating dials that you use to set the date and time or elsewhere on the page. Give us as much specific detail as possible. It's fascinating all of us.

Tim

OP
Y

yuzuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the problem, I can't install any apps cause of the problem. But I can email it from the iPad. D:

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Did you, by chance, accidentally change your International code to Belgium (Country Code BE)? In the "Settings" screen find the "General" Setting. Then tap "International" and then "Region Format" If your setting is checked at "Belgium" you inadvertantly changed it to that country and need to change it back to your home country of Canada.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Found it, after much fiddling with settings.

Go to Settings >> General >> International >> Calendar and change it back to Gregorian. The BE is a Buddhist method of designating years. I'm not sure what it means, but it is obviously an older calendar than the Gregorian.

Once you have it set back to Gregorian go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time >> Set Date & Time, and enter the correct date and time.

When your iPad's date and time are correct you should be able to download and install apps again.

OP
Y

yuzuki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It didn't work alter. D: thanks anyway. :3

Thank you so much for helping me Twerp. x3

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found it, after much fiddling with settings.

Go to Settings >> General >> International >> Calendar and change it back to Gregorian. The BE is a Buddhist method of designating years. I'm not sure what it means, but it is obviously an older calendar than the Gregorian.

Once you have it set back to Gregorian go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time >> Set Date & Time, and enter the correct date and time.

When your iPad's date and time are correct you should be able to download and install apps again.

Thanks!! This was driving me crazy. Another day - another useful fact learnt.

Tim

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From Wikipedia:

Buddhasakarat, Buddhist Era or BE, from 11 March 545 BC, believed to be the date of the death of the Buddha. (BE–AD of 544 used to be common, but BE–AD is now 543 in Thailand, beginning after April before 1940, then began and still begins 1 January)

From 13-15 April they celebrate the New Year here in Thailand. Another description is the Waterfestival. Everyone is praying and soaking eachother with water. Great fun and lots of laughs around.

Most reactions

Latest posts