What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does No New Notifications mean?

Peawee40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ever since icloud came about I get a gray box that floats down from the top of my ipad screen, saying no new notifications. I try to tap it so it will go away but it either stays there or retreats back up, but then my ipad is freezes up, I then have to turn ipad off and the back on to get rid of it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's the new Notifications feature.

To see them swipe down from the top center of the screen. Very top. To make it go away swipe back up using the small handle (looks like some parallel lines at the bottom center of the notification box.

To set up what shows up here go to Settings > Notifications and edit the options for each app. Only apps in the "In Notification Center" box will show up in that area.

If it is really giving you freezing problems try restarting or reseting the iPad.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions