What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does it look like

biakpara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please is there a difference between ipad 3 and ipad 4?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shamelessly cribbed from Apple's support forum:

What is an Ipad 3 G?

The main differences between iPad 4 and iPad 3 are:

1. A6X (vs A5X) processor
a. 2X the compute power (like Geekbench score)
b. 2X the graphics power (more frames per second, fill rate, etc)
2. Enhanced 4G and LTE radio
3. Faster WIFI, plus 5 GHz N coverage
4. Lightening connector
5. 720p Front facing camera

What is the same:
1. size, weight
2. screen resolution
3. same storage capacities

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In addition to Marilyn's great post, visually, the IPad 3 has the old "wide" connector slot at the bottom, whereas the iPad 4 has a small lightening connector slot at the bottom.

The Archangel

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And from a practical standpoint as a current owner of both devices, I struggle to see any operating difference whatsoever between the two! In fact most reviewer have stated the same but I expect as more and more develops develop demanding apps that could possibly change.

Oh yes let's don't forget the better front facing camera for facetime, however the only people whom will really notice that will be the people on the other end of your facetime chat.

Overall though it never seems to lag and I also think that the battery life maybe just a little better such as 30 minutes to an hour.

OP
biakpara

biakpara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TANX guys I am supposed to supply 60 pieces to an executive but I have never seen one before, I don't want to be cheated by what I see and don't know. So I will look out for the connector, and that is when I open them then. Is there any thing I will see on the pack?

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TANX guys I am supposed to supply 60 pieces to an executive but I have never seen one before, I don't want to be cheated by what I see and don't know. So I will look out for the connector, and that is when I open them then. Is there any thing I will see on the pack?

I think a few here, me included, thought you were asking for technical spec differences, not necessarily physical differences.
Look for "lightning to USB cable" on the contents label on the outside of the box.

supernovasonia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There isn't much difference to be honest...i have both and apart from the connector they're identical!

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Shamelessly cribbed from Apple's support forum:

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Great answer

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions