What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone use to clean their ipads screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spit and napkins when out, but at home I use windex and paper towels. Just have to stay clear of the home button and any open ports

Be careful using paper towels, they may seem soft but they are usually made from wood believe it or not, as most paper is, therefore using them may scratch your screen eventually.

JudyAnn54

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad so I haven't had the pleasure of using it yet. I'll probably wind up cleaning the screen with something called Monster ScreenClean. It's a Home and Office Display Cleaner. It comes with a good size clothe. You spray it on the clothe and then you wipe down the screens that need to get clean. I have used it already on my computer screen and tv screens. I forgot where I bought mine but I did a google search and you can buy it I'm pretty sure at Best Buy, Staples and Radio Shack. Judy

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just bought my ipad so I haven't had the pleasure of using it yet. I'll probably wind up cleaning the screen with something called Monster ScreenClean. It's a Home and Office Display Cleaner. It comes with a good size clothe. You spray it on the clothe and then you wipe down the screens that need to get clean. I have used it already on my computer screen and tv screens. I forgot where I bought mine but I did a google search and you can buy it I'm pretty sure at Best Buy, Staples and Radio Shack. Judy

Read Apples website on the care of your device.

No cleaners. Period.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Bad idea! No cleaners whatsoever.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score

In a word, don't do it , Judy. The iPad screen is not your average run of the mill monitor. Take the advice of the guys that know on here. You won't go far wrong.
Mike

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me dispel a rumor real quick.. NO WHERE on apple's website does it say NOT to use a cleaner or solvent or no liquids.. it merely states in the user manual that using one will wear the oleophobic coating faster than normal (it states it will wear off eventually over time anyways) and abbrasives may scratch the screen... sooo use a glass cleaner and you'll be fine.. it'll just be a bit harder to wipe the screen off later down the road without glass cleaner.. but it will not harm your device as long as you use a micro fiber cloth..

so people please get it out of your head that apple says NOT to use one. they don't recommend it because of the oleophobic coating (which wears off after time anyways).. but from what I can tell it doesn't make much of a difference to me. but no where does it say it will actually damage your device or blah blah blah. It's a glass cleaner. the ipad screen is made of glass. you won't hurt it.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK guys and gals, this has been a long and interesting thread with two main schools of thought emerging. That is, recommendations for spraying then cleaning, and those against spraying but using only some form of cloth (with interesting in-between viewpoints)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3226

Here is a link straight from the horses mouth; what Apple really says about cleaning your iPad.

As further posts in this thread are only likely to repeat the same pros and cons, and each member is bound to stand by their conviction with possibly more and more strongly-stated views, let's all call it a day on this. This thread is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions