What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone use to clean their ipads screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the cloth that came with my tv. If necessary, I lightly dampen a dish towel and wipe and dry the screen.

D

Deleted member 247820

I don't bother at all!
At my age I'm lucky to see the screen!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't bother at all!
At my age I'm lucky to see the screen!

Hi Peter - LOL! :D We must be about the same age - I do cleaning on occasion but not much of a priority! :)

For myself, I simply use one of those cloths meant to clean CDs/DVDs/glasses/etc. - just do a very light dampening w/ water - works fine for me (remember just a slight dampness is needed) - Dave :thumbs:

MadJoe86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a butt load of different microfibers. I dampen a small area of the microfiber with some touch screen cleaner, wipe the screen then take the dry part of the microfiber and wipe the screen down.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use some cloth given to my screen guard...it's probably micro fiber cloth

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mopar glass cleaner..... spray on.... wipe off. hasn't damaged the screen yet

Tapatalk'd iP5

Yes, it has. You just can't see the damage. Your screen catches fingerprints easier now than it did before.

Apple recommends only a clean, lint free cloth for a reason.

No solvents.

No soaps.

No cleaners.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Peter - LOL! :D We must be about the same age - I do cleaning on occasion but not much of a priority! :)

For myself, I simply use one of those cloths meant to clean CDs/DVDs/glasses/etc. - just do a very light dampening w/ water - works fine for me (remember just a slight dampness is needed) - Dave :thumbs:

Hi G Man.
I am 70 plus!
The plus is a secret!
BTW I do sometimes clean the screen.

ShortBus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it has. You just can't see the damage. Your screen catches fingerprints easier now than it did before.

Apple recommends only a clean, lint free cloth for a reason.

No solvents.

No soaps.

No cleaners.

ohhh it shows 8 million finger prints instead of 7 million... yes it's a tragedy......... my iPad was a fingerprint magnet the day I got it and it still is.... ill keep using glass cleaners to clean glass easily... go ahead and scrub yours with a micro fiber... your energy wasted not mine. (I've been cleaning touch screens displays this way for years.... don't tell me I'm wrong)

Tapatalk'd iP5

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I went into the Mac store to beg them to install a MOSHI screen protector the gracious tech spent ages with a micro cloth and some kind of distilled water product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts