What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you want as members from our forum?

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or if there's a reason not to, but could we have a "for sale/wanted" section?

kwgrimes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, I'm sure I don't come here often enough, but when I do am here for hours just poking through threads seeing what people have to say. I agree that there is a place for humor, and I like some of it here, but also agree that some may not appreciate it all the time. In those cases, I find for myself what works is when the enjoyment stops, even for the day, its time to sign-off and go find something else to do. Its like people that take issue with things on TV, if you don't like what's on, change the channel. I love this forum and can't believe what I've learned from some of you and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First: I would like the footprint of the comments to just contain the comment info.
Leave off all the pretty icons and footnote appendage.
Also on the left side panel ... again forget the icons, and take up only 4 lines to identify the person, origination date, # of posts, etc.

This would enable many more posts per page and help in fewer pages to go thru the Thread.
The moderators, even us Super Moderators, can not change the format of the forum. Only the Admins can do that. They read these posts and if they decide to implement it, they will.

Second: have a zero tolerance for profanity ... erase the offensive adjectives ... they only irritate ... not needed for clarity or emphasis.

Thanks for the opportunity to make suggestions.
We do have a zero tolerance for profanity. But since we can't possibly cover all the posts as they come in, the best thing you can do to help us is to use the Report Post function found in the lower left corner of every post --

spam.jpg

This will alert all of the moderators that there is a post the you wish to bring to their attention. It does not guarantee that any action will be taken, only that we need to take a look at it.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, I'm sure I don't come here often enough, but when I do am here for hours just poking through threads seeing what people have to say. I agree that there is a place for humor, and I like some of it here, but also agree that some may not appreciate it all the time. In those cases, I find for myself what works is when the enjoyment stops, even for the day, its time to sign-off and go find something else to do. Its like people that take issue with things on TV, if you don't like what's on, change the channel. I love this forum and can't believe what I've learned from some of you and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks!

What an excellent post. We thank you!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, or if there's a reason not to, but could we have a "for sale/wanted" section?
Yes, it has been brought up and the answer is no.

This is an international forum and you would have much more success selling your stuff locally on a place like Craigs List.

tweeter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it has been brought up and the answer is no.

This is an international forum and you would have much more success selling your stuff locally on a place like Craigs List.

True. I have nothing to sell tho. I just wondered because I'd see where people were going to sell their iPads, and thought it'd be nice to be able to sell them here. You're right tho, selling locally is much easier.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't know if this is mentioned before as I don't bother going to read all posts in this thread, but I think there should be more ranks after "iPad Master".

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like the footprint of the comments to just contain the comment info.
Leave off all the pretty icons and footnote appendage.
Also on the left side panel ... again forget the icons, and take up only 4 lines to identify the person, origination date, # of posts, etc.
The moderators, even us Super Moderators, can not change the format of the forum. Only the Admins can do that. They read these posts and if they decide to implement it, they will.
In Edit Options in your UserCP, under "Thread Display Options", you can choose to hide siglines, avatars and images from view.

OP
col.bris

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are right. Good point made thanks for input I forgot about that one .... I really do not think many users look at the options available.

Most reactions

Latest posts