What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you prefer it to the mini?

The Archangel

Actually, I have delegated my devices to specific duties:
iPhone 4S - music
iPhone 5 - communications
iPad mini - books
iPad 4 - movies

I like the iPad mini for its light weight and pocketability, but I like the larger screen of the iPad 4 for movies. If I had to choose between the two devices, I'd probably go with the iPad mini. The iPad 4 makes a great second desktop machine when paired with Apple's wireless keyboard.

funtoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm basically into server management, linux, customer support etc...

iPad comes in very handy while on the move or not on desk

I use my iPad for:

1) Mails
2) Customer support via support ticket
3) Sometimes even live chat
4) Complete Server Management i can rdp using pocketcloud or itap rdp to my windows vps servers and i can even ssh to my *nix based server using iSSH

Now i rarely carry my laptop with me as i can do most of the things from my iPAD, i can't do it as fast i can do it over a desktop or laptop but still it's not bad.

Last month for the first time when i was out of town, it felt so good as i did not carried my laptop

Dedzdedz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm basically into server management, linux, customer support etc...

iPad comes in very handy while on the move or not on desk

I use my iPad for:

1) Mails
2) Customer support via support ticket
3) Sometimes even live chat
4) Complete Server Management i can rdp using pocketcloud or itap rdp to my windows vps servers and i can even ssh to my *nix based server using iSSH

Now i rarely carry my laptop with me as i can do most of the things from my iPAD, i can't do it as fast i can do it over a desktop or laptop but still it's not bad.

Last month for the first time when i was out of town, it felt so good as i did not carried my laptop

How i understand what your saying, i don't use my laptop since last year :D, by the way i still have a 1st gen iPad, i imagine if i had the mini or the 4th gen iPad :).

André

Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI

funtoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How i understand what your saying, i don't use my laptop since last year :D, by the way i still have a 1st gen iPad, i imagine if i had the mini or the 4th gen iPad :).

André

Jailbroken iPad 1G, 64Gb, 3G+WI-FI

I just wish if i could some how run java applets as well on my iPAD as in some rare cases i've to use KVM for which i need a java enabled OS at that time it becomes messy, i need to first connect to a windows based server and then use KVM from it

JonPetersen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a game developer, and I admit I bought my iPad purely for testing purposing, but now that I have it, I actually really like it. And now when the kids want to "play my phone" they often correct themselves and say "No, the iPad!".

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. iOS GAMING!!!! I personally think that iOS gaming is thr best. It has a lot of epic games and stuff.
2. Social Networkong. Gotta stay in touch with my friends and famous guys and stuff.
3. Photo editing. I'm an creative guy so, yeh!

chingching

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad for when I'm traveling outside city which one can't use laptop like mountain research, jungle exhibition, many more...
To help me from loopsidehead syndrome because too long in laptop..
Help my eyes avoid using glasses with dangerous cannot seem far thing clearly!
Tablet is great!
I found 1 great tablet support flash , everything on tablet like u work without laptop anymore!
All in one is acer new tablet! That's iPad apple rival!

Lewispaul88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love to use the Ipad for surfing Internet, playing games, and more over the Ebook reader which help to read books onllne. I had owned Ipad last month and looking for the apps which are top rated and best. Please help me out.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love to use the Ipad for surfing Internet, playing games, and more over the Ebook reader which help to read books onllne. I had owned Ipad last month and looking for the apps which are top rated and best. Please help me out.

Hello Lewispaul,

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forums. You will find that we are a very helpful bunch. You are joining a great worldwide community. You are asking about good apps. There is such a wide choice of great apps out there. Your place to go is definitely the App Store double tap the App Store icon to open the site. Tap the "Featured" button in the bottom menu to get this view.... image-624292046.jpg

Tap onto "New to the Store" to call up this screen. ...... image-2378201267.jpg

As you enjoy reading, I recommend that you download the Newsstand App which is free and is visible in the first image. You can download newspapers and magazines there.

Now, I suggest that one of the first things you do is to read the forum rules etc. Links to useful sections follow :-
The forum rules may be found here.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

We have our own App which is easy to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
The iPad manual is here.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Try these informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html

Most importantly, enjoy your time with us on the forums.

Then I recommend you use the forum search function to find threads to visit, read and ask questions there. This way, you should get a good response. :)

Enjoy your membership.

Richard Brown
A member of the iPF moderators' team.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

pommie82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am really enjoying the mini its so useful i think personally it is the best iPad on the market and when the new comes out i think i am going to buy it again because i use it so much.I would have to admit that i am using my iMac a lot less now and using my mini instead of going on my mac very little things i do on the mac now if my iPad mini is flat then i would go on my mac for a bit until it its charged then it straight back to the mini. I do own a 9'7inch iPad but the only time i really use that is to watch media on a part from that i don't really use it at all i have no use for it the mini is the one i would favour all the time not so much for watching media because the 9'7 inch is just that little better for watching things on.I am actually looking for a job at the moment and i have a few apps that i use to find a job and to send CVS. I am actually finding it easier to use the mini then use my computer because i have the apps at the ready and if i need to send a quick CV off then a couple of clicks on the mini and its gone no problems i just cannot get over how much the mini has made my life that much easier when looking for a job.I think in time the mini is going to sell a lot more then the bigger iPad just purely because of the size factor.I will admit that before i had iPad mini i never used the iPad 1 half as much as i use the mini now.As soon a picked up the mini when i first got it out of the box i thought yeah i am going to be using these thing to all the time.i have a logictech bluetooth keyboard on mine and it works perfect it is what i'am using via Tapatalk HD which is also a great forum app for looking at forums and for posting stuff to

Sent from my Pommies iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions