What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Prem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Play - movies, skyping, music, internet radio, pxrn, facebook, surfing.
work - mail, documents, spreadsheets, Google Earth

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Show off photos.
Read magazines.
Check emails.
Use the forum (iPF).
Keep my brain in trim.
Enjoy music.
Map reading.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have been using mine to expand my home library. Saves money and space on additional bookcases :D

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF

Last edited:

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to look at the Nook and bought an iPad2. I use my iPad for everything, games, keeping info, dates in my caldendar, things to do, you name it but I have a lot more gooks since I found a lot of free apps for books. Have 200 Great Books,Best Horrors Collection, Best Love Stories Collection plus vintage radio and TV apps. Too many to mention book wise. Just love to read the old classics.

chgough

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad as a business tool

I held off buying iPad 1 as I wasn't clear about how useful it would be for work. I am a self-employed consultant who makes a lot of compliance visits to law firms. I succumbed and bought iPad 2 a month or so ago. The 'killer apps' for me have been Daylite and iFiles.

Daylite (which I was already using on my MacBook Pro) is a project and matter management system for Macs. It helps you organise clients, projects, appointments etc. It is available for iPad and 'syncs' with my main Macbook Pro. Therefore I can take all of my project information out on the road.

I also use iFiles which provides the iPad with a directory structure for documents - .pdf, .doc, .pages files etc. - all uploaded and read with ease.

Couple all of the above with an iPad 2 dock and Apple wireless keyboard and I have an extremely portable (and lightweight) mobile office.

The MacBook Pro is now a 'housebound' machine - it seems heavy and 'clunky' to take around with me.

I think that when its time to replace the MacBook Pro, I'd move to iMac for the home office and stick with iPad for mobile use.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
chgough said:
I held off buying iPad 1 as I wasn't clear about how useful it would be for work. I am a self-employed consultant who makes a lot of compliance visits to law firms. I succumbed and bought iPad 2 a month or so ago. The 'killer apps' for me have been Daylite and iFiles.

Daylite (which I was already using on my MacBook Pro) is a project and matter management system for Macs. It helps you organise clients, projects, appointments etc. It is available for iPad and 'syncs' with my main Macbook Pro. Therefore I can take all of my project information out on the road.

I also use iFiles which provides the iPad with a directory structure for documents - .pdf, .doc, .pages files etc. - all uploaded and read with ease.
.......... use.

Thanks for commenting on the 2 applications. Just bought iFiles. It's super and I'm organising my photos which I have downloaded from emails. It'll be interesting to see how sync deals with the folder structures which I have set up.

I've yet to look at Daylite. - may not need it, as the organiser/calendar with iPad does an adequate job.

I'm using Pages and Numbers applications which are very handy.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts