What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by JohnnyApple, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Koula

Koula
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    If I could run excell on the iPad, then maybe I would still have my data. So frustrating, never use a toy for business and expect it to be serious.

2. Henning737

Henning737
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Very strange post I think.... I use my iPad for work all the time.... Yes - I don't sit at a desk all day typing - if that is what you bought it for you did not research the capabilities very well - you need a desktop not a portable device! Synchronization works great - all my work documents come as PDF files; data I have to enter is done using apps made for my profession and sync perfectly with pc and Mac... Printing works without a hitch! If a lot of typing is required I use a bluetooth keyboard... I do have to admit that I would never let any toddler play with any of my work related hardware - but if that is what you need maybe something at toys r us would do? Point I'm trying to make here - general statements like "iPad is bad for business" is in the same category as saying "Ferrari is bad for driving" when you really mean that a Ferrari is not a good choice as a family car for a family of 6...
    Should you buy an iPad for business? In my profession YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!

3. daltonbaker

daltonbaker
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Use Your iPad At Work. I use it for checking functionality on websites/pages that I've created. I also use the Moodboard App when I'm in a creative phase of development.

4. Henning737

Henning737
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Install the vlc media player - it includes the necessary libraries... ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

5. iDevice.mobi

iDevice.mobi
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use iPad for almost everything.I am Nursing student so I do all my study through iPad. GoodReader is incredible and immensely helplful because it lets me write,draw circle or lines, highlight,add side notes on PDF file.
    AirPrint feature is time saver.
    Micromedex Drug app is kind of life saver.it gives all possible information about any medication instantly.When other start flipping pages of extra thick drug book, I am done with the help of iPad.
    I love gaming on XBox 360but since I am working and studying I hardly get time, so playing games on iPad is incredible.Dead space is my favorite game.
    I watch TV shows using abc Player and movies using NETFLIX.

iPad has become integral part of my life, if I didn't have the iPad I would not have been able carry on with studies along with working full time.

I thank APPLE for making such a great device that is helping me in shaping up my dreams.

6. jgumphress

jgumphress
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    You can run MS Excell. Get Documents-to-Go by Dataviz and sync all of your MS Word, Excell, Powerpoint effortlesly. You can even lock individual spread sheets before syncing them and they will not open on the iPad untill you put in the pass word for that spread sheet. You can also create new docs. on the fly right on the iPad. I have used this app for years on Palm devices. They know what they are doing.

7. ion

ion
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i puchased it last week mainly for reading websites and PDF's. i have a huge collection of e-mags like MAD and Atariage, some 10 gigs worth or more. Its nice to beable to lay down in bed and read stuff like a book.

i also play chess on it. i got shredder chess and chess online. the FICS chess one i purchased i quickly deleted...wish i could have demoed it first.

8. Jessicaem

Jessicaem
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I work for a design/build contractor and use my iPad every day. It is not only my calendar and email when I am on the road, but I also use Logmein to access my computer at the office to view old emails, documents and drawings.

I use Pages to type my site meeting minutes, and I both edit and distribute the minutes directly from the iPad. I also use Pages to record deficiencies during final walkthroughs and immediately PDF them to the site super (no more waiting until I get back to the office, typing them up and mailing them out).

Adobe Ideas is perfect for marking up drawings on site. I convert my PDFs to JPEGS and sync them to my iDisk, copy to the iPad's native album and import to Ideas. Sounds complicated, but it only takes a minute and this allows me to quickly and legibly mark up drawings in multiple colours and distribute them in PDF to my trades and supers.

I also use iBooks for reading and searching RFPs on site.

9. haggler999

haggler999
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    watch online video and too much more

10. haggler999

haggler999
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    i really use it for internet