What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

ProPhotoGA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad as a electronic portfolio for my photography business as well as
and Electronic Flight Book for use in my airplane. 2 great aviation apps are
SkyCharts Pro and ForeFlight3 HD. Very good and accurate moving map
displays that I use in my Remos G3-600 Light Sport Airplane.

Gene

jecastej

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.pixetnia.com
There are rumors of smaller iPads that will be launched on 4th quarter. Anyway I think at some point Apple will launch new iPads and will diversify the iPad line. I see so many uses for the iPad that I can't even start. But as an artist I think the iPad excels as a tool. I was thinking to get one smaller iPad, when available as I thought a smaller size to be better to take it anywhere and not just for the living room, but when I saw the YouTube videos about finger painting something happened to me. I bought 2 more art apps and started painting and modeling.

Silken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having just got mine I think I'll mainly use it for checking emails etc throughout the day, reading rss feeds, updating Twitter, blogging, surfing the web, reading comics and watching movies. Have no interest in using it as an mp3 player my iPod classic is there for that.

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is LogMeIn to get to my work laptop, PvZ & Solitaire lately....

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its my new computer. If I need to run a windows program a clear remote session. Everything else it has replaced. I love it, just gonna be pissed when the new version will come out and I will be all sad :(. Haha

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine for work and personal use. I am in outside sales and I have product demos loaded on the iPad. I have already noticed a very positive response from customers as they see and interact with the products through the iPad. I also use it at home for browsing, reading, playing games and listening to music. I forgot to mention my favorite feature...Netflix.

The iPad is truly an incredible device!

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be writing novels on it. The difficulty of moving files off of the device is an excellent security feature for a writer. There is no reason to worry about people "borrowing" my works when they cant access them.

I love writing on the device and the ability of Pages to save files in MS word is handy with publishers. No offense to pages native format, it is just not preferred by the industry.

cocoa117

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wacom Cintiq 12wx replacement

I wish it can be used as Wacom Cintiq 12wx, so when it attached to PC/Mac, the input function can be added to the PC. I know it's not possible yet, but it would be nice to have this function.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
cocoa117,
Doodle Budy, Art Studio, and Drawing Pad all can save as photos and some can email them directly. They are more cumbersome to use than a Wacom since the screen is a capacitance detection rather than a pressure detection sensitive screen. It is more difficult than a Wacom pen to make fine lines. I haven't tried to overpaint a photo though. Still on my list. Some, and I don't remember which, can do layers and you could probably do something similar. If you are going for freehand, it can do a reasonable job.
You could sketch your beginning work "Plein Air" and then send it home for further work.
Good luck.

nthnm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be using mine to access Facebook and various blogs. And maybe a few magazine apps and games as well. ...Probably all while I'm within 5 feet of my iMac, lol. Sad, I know.

Daineath

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finding new uses for it all the time, my media center keyboard/mouse packed in yesterday. piriced a replacement 79 Pound UK.

Did a google ond found in appstore latest version 'TouchPad' for 2.99, job done.

Using it as I write this, happy days.:)

Just need to find out how to add UK Pound sign to keyboard.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a laptop replacement. It's working very well so far. I have it tethered to my tilt 2 win mo phone thru wifi seamlessly. Very fast connection speeds and after 1st. Connect, it does it automatically thereafter. Too cool. I was very biased against apple for a long time But this iPad is my fav. Device of all time. Had it a lil ova a week now. The apple branded case is very versatile. This iPad is Amazing. ;-)

Most reactions