What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Amazing is hardly the word for it.

So I had my iPad mailed to me by my wife as I am currently deployed in Iraq for the US Army again (2nd Deployment).

When I received my iPad inspiration struck and my fellow soldiers and I made this video using the iPad for the transitions.

--youtube.com/watch?v=epv7qwKZPZQ--

All I can say is Military + iPad + Kanye West = Amazing!!

Hope you like it as much as we did making it!

:)
At age 72, I am not close to being able to do what you do, but I thank you for your dedication. Also amazing is the video work you and your buds did in making this. Stay safe.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Well, my iPad is coming on 1 Jul and I have a cover, and 16 apps ready to load. I think I have stopped for a while. Oops, I forgot the ASUS USB charging enhancer, that makes 17 although that one doesn't load on the iPad.

Abrennan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.eyepadulation.com
I like to write, so I expect to do a lot of writing on my iPad. I also intend to have fun with it. I have watched a lot more video than I ever did on my laptop. The extreme portability factor means there are more opportunities to find more fun to have. Yesterday I saw a spelling mistake on a blog I just wrote and i was able to log on using the Wordpress app and correct the spelling mistake. That was fun.

At the moment I am playing pinball and space invaders. Reading three books and a couple of magazines, watching the latest Dr Who, the local newspaper and any web site i feel like seeing. I also moderate a Drupal based forum using the iPod. Every now and then there is something i have to boot the laptop for but it has gone largely unused since the iPad turned up. I am tapping this out on the iPad.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I've actually done enough research to justify buying it for two things. Well, three. Business and entertainment for myself, and the educational apps and children's books for my four year old son. He knows my iPod Touch by heart and loves learning on it. As an architect, I'll be loading a portable portfolio on it to take to client meetings rather than carrying notebooks of pages. Also going to use it to work on finally finishing my book, hopefully.

Really can't wait for it to come in.

blued711

iPF Noob
Reaction score
using ipad on united international flights

is it possible to search the web, watch "netflix", download a book on united if not in p.s. seating?

when in europe is it cheaper to buy 3G service there (Paris) or here?

Thanks guys

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While the Ipad is great for many things, my main use of it is for writing and to help with day to day life as a teacher. It has been working out great so far.

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When mine (finally) arrives, first thing will be trying a couple of games (cant wait to try Warpgate HD), some other apps (MagicPiano, Adobe Elements)then a movie (probably Watchmen or Transformers 2 as I have those already on iTunes), then some books (does iBooks have the same free PD books as other readers? Especially interested in Dracula and Rime of the Ancient Mariner), then comics (hoping to find some manga on there somewhere), the net, youtube....

Im going to squeeze as much as I can from it lol

Rfields987

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will use my iPad for......

I want to plagiarize Kiltedtim's description and save myself the typing!

Thanks KiltedTim

martinc31415

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Websurfing from the recliner, or away from home etc.
2. Music videos while on the treadmill.
3. As a planner/calendar.
4. Email
5. Magazines
6. Books

I suspect I will find other uses after I get it but I definitely think these 6 uses will be a huge part of it.

maggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm now using the iPad as a replacement for my iPod too. My Samsung home theater amp has Bluetooth so I can stream audio to it from the comfort of the lounge or sitting out on the patio. Very cool.
Steve

y2kgtp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NetBook replacement. (sold it already :D)

I originally bought a netbook so I would have something more portable to take around the house, and once in a great while out of the house for work....as my work laptop gets under 2 hours max battery life. :(

I figure I can use LogMeIn app to get to my work Email\Chat on my Laptop, and it's 1/2 the weight and 1/3 the size of a netbook.

Most reactions

Latest posts