What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think about iPad at School?

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My spanish teacher wants me to bring my ipad to school because I found a translator app she needs and I know a lot about technology.

I assume she doesn't have an iPad? If she did, she could buy the translator app herself! If not, persuade her to get one.
If you let her use yours, your choice, but as a former teacher myself, I was the one advising the students on what was available. Obviously, many students/teachers don't have the means to buy all the latest electronics available.
I taught German and French successfully when most people didn't have PCs. I love technology and had a 64K Apple and used it for doing budgets and a lot of other things to become more efficient.
Btw what translator app are you talking about? I used to do translations the old-fashioned way with a dictionary.
Google does translations, but you have to do a lot of proof reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I assume she doesn't have an iPad? If she did, she could buy the translator app herself! If not, persuade her to get one.
If you let her use yours, your choice, but as a former teacher myself, I was the one advising the students on what was available. Obviously, many students/teachers don't have the means to buy all the latest electronics available.
I taught German and French successfully when most people didn't have PCs. I love technology and had a 64K Apple and used it for doing budgets and a lot of other things to become more efficient.
Btw what translator app are you talking about? I used to do translations the old-fashioned way with a dictionary.
Google does translations, but you have to do a lot of proof reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Persuade her to get an iPad?

Send from my iPad using iPF.net

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Amy Rose The Hedgehog said:
My spanish teacher wants me to bring my ipad to school because I found a translator app she needs and I know a lot about technology.

Hopefully, you'll never need to be absent from class!

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
haagendasz said:
Hello guys, I am a noob in the Apple world ...

Could you please tell me if there is a good apps for my Ipad to teach my son how to read and maybe learn something ... he is 3 years old and he loves to watch the ipad when i use it

You could try searching through the other iPad at School threads and/or do a Google search for "iPad apps in elementary school." Of course, there's also the education section of iTunes and the AppShopper app might be of use.

Unfortunately, I only have experience teaching at the college level, so I don't know any I can recommend.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts