Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Jbackman17, Sep 20, 2012.
Wanna know cause I am waiting until tomorrow night to download so I'm interested thanks
Sorry the is a smiley emoticon
Not a lot! However, it is nice to be able to upload photos directly to Facebook. I like the new app store interface. Hate the new Maps! There are other new features but none really grab me so far. i suspect as time goes on, I will find more advantages. Download went very smoothly though. I decided not to upgrade my ipod touch so can retain things like Google maps.
Haven't noticed a difference.......yet !!
Things Iike best about OS6:
1. Faster Internet page loads over wifi. I have a 4G but don't have it activated. I can't imagine how fast page loads might be on cellular!
2. Siri. I have no idea how useful it actually will be, but she is fun to talk to!
3. Adding stuff off the browser to various places(under the old "bookmarks tab"), sharing or adding to your device is very easy with pics.
4. App Store. Micro screen shots of the apps so I can see pretty quickly if I want more info or to skip it.
What I don't:
1. Maps. WTH Apple?
2. YouTube gone. Again, see above.
Side note: I still miss the old browser views of mini full pages of what you have open. It was the original OS from my ipad2(maybe 4.3?), I really wish they would revert to that old view instead of tabs...tabs don't always have enough info on them to be able to tell which page I am on.
Well Google made a new YouTube app, but sadly it is not available for iPad. Instead of using the new maps you might want to consider downloading google earth. You could also make a bookmark icon straight to YouTube.com.
Me either. I wonder if I will at all? Some updates do more than others. This one seems aimed at a specific user base. That's fine, it went well and I'm no worse for the wear so its good with me.
I like the new apps update feature -- the UI, as well as not having to use a password. But iOS 6 isn't worth giving up Google maps for me, so I've not upgraded my iPad or iPhone, and have only upgraded my touch 4, which I use mostly for books and music.