What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you hear in your environment right now?

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Definitely new! I bet it doesn't make as much noise as the old one! It is so quiet here right now, that I can hear my heartbeat and even my breath! Oh, I just heard a bird but that has stopped too! PEACE HERE!

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The TV , a tiny bit of rain, and CBC radio one in the background.[emoji4]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A few birds in my backyard, supposedly not starlings, or else it would be louder.
Volunteers, shooting, outside my village, trying to get starlings off the vineyards. They're not allowed to shoot these birds, so they're aiming somewhere near them to scare them off.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Landlord making his breakfast and lunch!

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
White noise that my company put in years ago to cover the fact that we're all in cubicles. I hear it 10 hours a day 4 days a week.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
White noise that my company put in years ago to cover the fact that we're all in cubicles. I hear it 10 hours a day 4 days a week.
OMGosh! Is that legal? I bet your work productivity would be a lot higher without it! Are we not already bombarded by enough things we can't see or hear? It horrifies me that you have to put up with that when you are working! :rolleyes:o_O
I hear ringing in my ears and my dog snoring!:D

Scottysize

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OMGosh! Is that legal? I bet your work productivity would be a lot higher without it! Are we not already bombarded by enough things we can't see or hear? It horrifies me that you have to put up with that when you are working! :rolleyes:o_O
I hear ringing in my ears and my dog snoring!:D
It is what it is. The system went off 1 day and we actually missed the noise. It was way too quite.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Me cursing at IOS 8 which is running my battery down, even when locked by my iPad cover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of starlings in my backyard - it's loud. dogs barking, a car driving by, someone walking outside.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My dog just stopped snoring! It is so quiet here I can only hear my own heart beating in my ears and my breathing! Isn't that amazing.
It's usually pretty quiet here anyway, I love the peace, but this is different! This is perfect![emoji4][emoji170]

- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Next door neighbor's little girl crying and sobbing in a temper tantrum. Have to shut the window.
A little bit of reality! I could never stand crying babies or tantrums.:eek:
I'm listening to fans on the ceilings, I don't like them much either! :rolleyes:
o_O:p:D:cool:

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
HUH. How far are you from an airport. When I lived where I did before here, the jet planes went over every 3-5 minutes. If I was on the telephone will some one - I would have to ask them to hold on! Depending on the wind direction, if they came in over the ocean I felt sorry for the fish! Here we just have pilots learning to fly in little planes! That one of my fav sounds! Especially when they go into a stall right over my house.
Today I hear the pounding of rain on the rooftop, like it's going to smash in, it must be windy because it's so hard it is making the windows rattle!
Oh, there's is something very funky about the electricity in this room I sleep in! If I put my head on the pillow I hear music from the next neighbors, but if I lift my head off the pillow, I don't hear it!!!
WEIRD, o_Oit's been like that for 20 yrs! :eek::rolleyes: :p:cool:

Most reactions

Latest posts