What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you have, white or black.

What color do you have?

• Black

Votes: 40 49.4%
  • White

Votes: 41 50.6%

• Total voters

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Share you thoughts of what you think is better. At least for the lucky few of us that were able to find an ipad2 in the store.

Initially I was going on buying the black version of the 32gb wifi only iPad, but when I got to the store bright and early they had no black ones in stock so I settled with a white on, and I have to say I'm starting to like it more and more.

y8friv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the white looks more colorful, but it looks weird when the display is turned off, because you had this black rectangle area with a white border around it. The black is also better because the camera isnt visible and the volume rocker, side switch and lock button are the same colour as the iPad. I think you should get the black iPad. Enjoy your new iPad.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered white 64 wifi.

Before I fell in love with iOS products, I settled for a black 3G iPhone although white and black 3GSs were available. I brushed it off until I fell in love with my iPhone and never put it down for about 6 months.

When iPad 2 was unveiled I was like white white white. My friend was like white will be better even though all new buyers will want them. I rationalized that the white would sell out faster then I realized any iPad 2 will sell out. Now I'm like "surely, I have purchased this pristine product on behalf of virtue and versatility and speed" but the little girl is screaming inside of me. I love you Steve jobs.

mhayslip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the black 32GB WiFi iPad 2 by choice. Black iPads and iPhones are my preference (if I have a choice).

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black. Even though I really wanted the white iPhone 4 when it was announced, I just didn't like how the white iPad looks. Probably mainly because I'm used to the black!

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not going to tie myself to the white Apple ecosystem. All of my other hardware (computer, stereo, car interior, game console) and just about everything else is black. Frankly, I think the white headphones are way cheesy, but to each his/her own.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill get a black one, in some amateur video of the IPad 2, the guy said that you can see the white sides of the ipad when watching a movie in a dark room, which is sucky seeing that white sides all the time watching the movie, i diddnt tried it but i can imagine it.

While meeting the appstore i was checking out a macbook, the handling is way better than my pc, maybe once i have to get a new PC im gonna go for a macbook which will be white of course, then ill get a white next gen iphone and a white ipad (4th/5th generation) too i guess, but thats all sounds of the future, nit now. Gonna turn into a apple user step by step :p

I just like the comfort.

Trky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mines white. I had the original so I knew what the black would look like. I'm happy with white.

DLCrouch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Black with the matching dead cow cover. I'd have bought the poly cover if they had offered one in black.

Mmj2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wanted the white 32gb wifi but stumbled onto a black 32gb ATT 3G 2 days after release that I couldn't pass up. Now best buy just called yesterday to say the white one I had on reserve is in but I think I am going to stick with my black. It's grown on me.

2trails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
White - was easier for me to see . . . Black gadgets, including keyboards and cameras are increasingly difficult to use with my aging eyesight. Besides the white is attractive and bright!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Geo411m

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the black 32 gig AT&T model and my wife got the white 32 gig wifi one. We both love them.

Most reactions

Latest posts