What do you hate the most about your Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Lisa, Apr 17, 2010.

?

What do you hate the most about your Ipad?

1. no multitasking

7 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. no flash support

41 vote(s)
    48.2%
  3. no camera

11 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. typing is uncomfortable

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Something Else(Please post it in the forum)

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Alanfujii

Alanfujii
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well I guess my issue is not a big one considering we're on the 4th page of replies and it hasn't been mentioned.

My issue is the file management problem. Coming from a Windows environment I would like the ability to create folders and store files directly from the app that I'm in. Instead I have to figure out ways to get the file where I want it.

2. StarLog

StarLog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I dislike the fact that each app is in it's own sandbox. There is no sharing of files i.e. documents, xls or pictures, between apps. I would rather have a single location similiar to "My Documents" that ALL files can be stored in, because of different aspects of each app.

Otherwise, I can live with all the goodness of the iPAD.

3. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I think when most people talk about wanting a basic file system, this is what they are talking about, just a simple "My Documents" folder.

You aren't alone in wanting that.

4. RAC

RAC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I think that we have all fallen for anticipating that AirPlay would simply allow the "desktop" to be diverted to AppleTV as you would normally expect. Yes, I know it's not laptop replacement but I think that this is still reasonable expectation. The warning signs were there with the constant references to streaming I guess.

I am assume that this is a commercial decision, supposedly related to DRM, and also protection of the iTunes patch.

I am looking forward to the day when DLNA (uPNP) and Android tablets establish a foothold providing a viable alternative and/or snapping Apple out of it's hubris.

#54 RAC, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  5. MayaD

MayaD
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The switch from hold to mute and then that the mute doesn't mute apps like Pandora. You still have to hold volume key for a second or two. If it's not a universal mute button, what good is it? Bring back the orientation hold button!!

#55 MayaD, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  6. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Seeing the comparisons to other tablets, I think the browser is pretty slow to load pages.

7. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    It's only meant to mute sounds from notifications and other system sounds such as typing. This way you can still hear sound from your Youtube videos and movies and music without having to hear the annoying clicks and beeps.

8. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Let me just add: compounding the general Safari slowness is the fact that in most multi-page browsing sessions, the tab has to reload when you come back to it. GRRR :mad:

9. Dannyboy85

Dannyboy85
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    It's interesting in all the browser comparisons safari almost always loses. But none are near as smooth (once loaded). I guess I would rather wait a second rather than have the choppy scroll you get on the GTab..

10. Superbike81

Superbike81
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Don't use that POS GTab as an indicator to Android Tablet quality, that thing is a complete disappointment.

Also, Safari isn't only slower when comparing to other tablets, it's slower compared to other browsers on iPad. I did a couple tests, waited until the loading bar was completely done, and got these results:

CNET.com - Safari: 15.97 seconds Atomic: 12.02 seconds (4 seconds faster)

Jalopnik.com - Safari: 15.1 seconds Atomic: 11.93 seconds (3 seconds faster)

Amazon.com - Safari: 8.84 seconds Atomic: 3.13 (~5.5 seconds faster)

I made sure to clear any cache, cookies, browsing history, etc, to make sure the test was even. Safari is terrible for just about everything.