What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you back up on Icoud?

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Since ya'll have been so helpful I'd like to ask y'all, what exactly do you back up on Icloud? I was able to secure another Icloud acct for my new mini so now I have the separate one for my mini & the one for my IPAD4. But I'm not backing up my pics, 'cause there are too many & that would take up all the space! I have my pics on my PC that is backed up by a click-free device so I'm covered. I don't really have any music or personal documents on my Ipads, just apps. So do I say yes to backing up the apps? I have a back up to PC through ITunes of the IPADS on there. So I'm just not sure what to use the Icloud for! Thank!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This link will show you what iCloud backs up: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12519?viewlocale=en_US

As you see, app data are backed up, not the apps themselves. Apps, music you purchased in iTunes Store and books from iBooks Store are connected to your Apple ID. In case they are deleted and you need them again, go to the Purchased tab in App Store, iTunes Store and iBooks Store, where you'll find them and install them.

Last edited:
OP
M

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It did. I'm going to do some hard thinking about what exactly I do want to back up after the craziness of the holidays is over since I have don't have barely any music, much extraneous app data to be saved, word like documents, or books purchases through the I store as I use my older generation kindle for that so what exactly do I need it for? ;-) maybe I should use it as an extra back up for pics! Particularly for our international trip next year. Hhmmm...

Most reactions

Latest posts