What Daw do most people use on their ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by GaryLee4, Apr 15, 2014.

1. GaryLee4

GaryLee4
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have recently install Auria LE hoping to have more control and effects than Garageband. Auria seems to be quiet finicky . Sometimes it runs perfectly, and then there may be no sound, or suddenly a new channel appears. Could this be because I don't have the full version of Auria ? I am using an ipad4 with 7.0 ios.

2. GaryLee4

GaryLee4
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have recently install the full version of Auria and things are running much smoother. This daw is more like a nice desktop. The sound is much better than garageband. Which I have used in the past. So far so good.

3. Cooltouch

Cooltouch
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I emailed the Auria folks last week, asking if they supported MIDI rewire apps like Notion, for example, and I received a response. Auria currently does not support it, but the rep said that this is a feature they're working on, and plan to include in a future upgrade. Well, I've heard this sort of thing before from developers, but I tell you what -- if they do introduce MIDI capability in a future app, they will have a complete package instead of just audio only. And I, for one, can see much of my traditional DAW setup becoming obsolete, especially if I'll be able to use a device like the iconnectMIDI 4+ with it.

4. OTBruce

OTBruce
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I agree with CoolTouch, directly interfacing with host device allows you to bypass alot of the traditional DAW setups that are common now. I've seen a few apps that can do it, but only to particular device and equipment, not universal, yet...

5. Planet iPad

Planet iPad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    KORG Gadget, BeatMaker or NanoStudio.