What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Camera do you guys use?

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There must be one that is better then the stock camera.I never get a good picture it is always looks like it was taken behind a screen door.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There must be one that is better then the stock camera.I never get a good picture it is always looks like it was taken behind a screen door.

Hello - first, please provide your iPad model - I'm still using an iPad 2 which has a lousy 0.7 MP camera which is worthless; the newer iPads have a 5 MP camera which can take decent images - also, if you do have the higher resolution camera, there are plenty of suggestions online to improve your photos, such as HERE - take a look.

As to an alternative, there are SO MANY choices depending on whether you want subcompact, compact, or larger size digital camera, point & shoot vs. a DLR, inter-changeable lenses, and cost (just some of the criteria that come to mind) - I'll let you provide some more information before continuing. Dave :)

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 Version 7-1-2

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 Version 7-1-2

Thanks for the information - you'll never be able to obtain decent images from the iPad 2's camera - as mentioned in my previous post, the resolution is less than 1 MP (you can try some of the suggestions in the link provided) - you either need a new iPad w/ a higher resolution camera or just a nice point & shoot digital camera - Dave :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly...I have never taken pictures with my iPad. It's just way too big and I am also nervous about dropping it.

However, my iPhone 5 takes awesome pictures. I took this picture at Yellowstone National Park. This is at Riddle Lake after hiking for 10 miles. Let me find that picture so you can see...
7a7u4ypu.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts