What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What brightness is your ipad 3 set to

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tritium said:
This. I cannot fathom how people keep it higher, esp. for mail or web pages that have white/lightish backgrounds.

I can't fathom how someone can have it so low! But, it depends on the person, their preferences, and frankly, their eyesight. There is no right or wrong.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GnomeGrrl said:
I can't fathom how someone can have it so low! But, it depends on the person, their preferences, and frankly, their eyesight. There is no right or wrong.

In terms of video reproduction there is absolutely a right and wrong. What gives you the most natural reproduction of the original scene is right and everything else is wrong, no matter if it looks somehow better to some people. That is why movie theater projectors are calibrated and why magazines spend so much time and money on photo reproduction.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
45-50% inside, lower when I set Kindle to black at nighttime reading in bed. I go to 90-100% outside in North Carolina sunlight.

Elziebbe1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Auto for me! Though it did surprise me the first time it went to full brightness on its own. I do play with the slider and have it around 60 percent generally when i turn auto off and I lower it at night as the brightness hurts my eyes... Also it's great for some night time reading at 3am at around 20% when I can't sleep so it is nice and dim. :)

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't see how anybody can use it at 50% or below. I have to have mine set at 80%. By the way what exactly does auto brightness do ? I never notice a change with mine.

Last edited:

pnforpk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is set at 70% with auto adjustment! Haven't found any reason to change it so far!

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the way to the left 90% of the time.

Sometimes I'll go crazy and in brighter rooms turn it to 20% or so. Never had it maxed, 50% is more than enough for those rare occasions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts