What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What book are you reading?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read his Womens Murder Mystery Club series the ones that start with numbers... You will love it, lots of local reference.
That series is next... assuming there isn't another Alex Cross book released by the time I finish the last one!

And yes, all eBooks.

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Back to topic. Finished Once a Spy last week. A story about a superspy that gets Alzheimers and everyone wants him because they either want to off him because they are afraid of the secrets he will share or they want him to get the secrets he might share. His son, who doesn't know he is a spy is reunited with him.

Great original take on a traditional spy story. I reviewed it on my blog. Once a Spy by Keith Thomson | Mr Shields: I'm a reader not a fighter

I just finished up Hitchhickers's Guide to the Galaxy. Amazon has the ommibus edition (all five books) for $9.16 last I looked. It wasn't as funny as I remember it from 20 years ago. But well worth the time.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Back to topic. Finished Once a Spy last week. A story about a superspy that gets Alzheimers and everyone wants him because they either want to off him because they are afraid of the secrets he will share or they want him to get the secrets he might share. His son, who doesn't know he is a spy is reunited with him.

That sounds great ~ and I hate spy books! So, let me know what finally happens!:D

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kraken by China Mieville

I haven't read that one yet, but he is one of my favorite authors.

I am usually reading a couple of books at the same time. Right now I am reading "Carrion Comfort" by Dan Simmons and "The Reversal" by Michael Connelly.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not even started my new book yet. But I carry it with me ~ just in case.:D

If you had bought it as eBook (kindle) you wouldn't have to carry it around since you always have the iPad and Blackberry apps to read from...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kraken by China Mieville

I haven't read that one yet, but he is one of my favorite authors.

I am usually reading a couple of books at the same time. Right now I am reading "Carrion Comfort" by Dan Simmons and "The Reversal" by Michael Connelly.
I've read the "Endymion" and "Hyperion " sagas from Simmons. Great stories!

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I really enjoyed the "Hyperion" books quite a bit. I haven't tried the "Endymion" series yet but they look quite interesting as well. Vernor Vinge is another great SF author I have been reading recently.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rocket Boys, by Homer Hickam
Got interested after watching him talk during the Chile miners' rescue.
Great book. Good writer.

CM

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I really enjoyed the "Hyperion" books quite a bit. I haven't tried the "Endymion" series yet but they look quite interesting as well. Vernor Vinge is another great SF author I have been reading recently.

Vinge had promotions on his ebooks last year. He's very imaginative, I like him too.

Most reactions

Latest posts