What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What book are you reading?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually bought a real life paper book today ~ I didn't even make it to the library. Harland Coben's Play Dead.

Never heard of the author ~ but looks good!

993d4e4c.png

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently reading "The Big Bad Wolf" by James Patterson. It is the 9th book in the 16 book (so far!) series featuring super detective Alex Cross.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently reading "The Big Bad Wolf" by James Patterson. It is the 9th book in the 16 book (so far!) series featuring super detective Alex Cross.

I was looking at his books, but I wasn't sure which one was first or if even a sequel. I read a series of his once, Scott. It was so good and twisted!

I can't recall what it was.:(

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I was looking at his books, but I wasn't sure which one was first or if even a sequel. I read a series of his once, Scott. It was so good and twisted!

James Patterson has several series. Here are the Alex Cross books in order --
Alex Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clive and his son Dirk Cussler are coming to the St. Louis County Library in November and I plan on seeing them speak.

I am just waiting for the next Steve Berry and James Rollins books to be released.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The top way to annoy the French is to be English-speaking, in other words British, America, Canadian etc. Everything that's ever gone wrong in France is an "Anglo-Saxon plot" against them. They don't realise that the Irish, Scots and Welsh are Celts!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Forge of Heaven" the sequel to "Hammerfall" by C.J. Cherryh.

Is it good, Ivan?
You have to love her style before you tackle "Hammerfall". I've read about 35 of her works, half scifi opera and half fantasy.
Scifi opera is a slow buildup kind of story. It's a complex situation with slow action and in her case, beautiful writing. She's renowned for being a 'builder of worlds' more than the military starship kind of scifi. She has several series such as 'Chanur' and my favorite, the 'Foreigner' series.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The top way to annoy the French is to be English-speaking, in other words British, America, Canadian etc. Everything that's ever gone wrong in France is an "Anglo-Saxon plot" against them. They don't realise that the Irish, Scots and Welsh are Celts!

And lets give a big welcoming call-out to all our fellow iPad users in France, Quebec and other french speaking parts of the world.

This is an international forum. Do you really want to generalize like this?

CM

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See how annoying it is?
Not really, I am French speaking but my dad was anglophone. I've lived with this duality all my life as a lot of my compatriots and also Cajuns of Louisiana and people of northern Ontario and New Brunswick and loads of others around the world. Only something as strong as genocide would shake us.

I'm interested in this book you speak of, who's the author? Is it written with humor? With hatred? Is it good?

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Read his Womens Murder Mystery Club series the ones that start with numbers... You will love it, lots of local reference.

Currently reading Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell....ebook of course.

Most reactions

Latest posts