What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your top 10 favorite

Lilredcorvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apps?

I've spent more time (and $) than I care to think about on crappy apps... So here I am... What are your favorites and what are they for?

I use Kindle, iBooks, Scrabble, Angry Birds, and Pen Ultimate a lot.

I've downloaded 2 or 3 apps for videos/pictures but haven't had any luck with them. (Could be the loose nut behind the wheel...) Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

-April

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of threads in that regard.
1. It would be polite if you name the kind of applications, you are using first.
2. make a search here, find out what people are using, and add it to your list
3. Publish your finds.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a lot of reading apps like Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks, GoodReader, Stanza... to name just a few!

Itwasntme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Top 10 is always a hard list for me to put together. The list changes every couple of weeks or so. The only two that are consistently on my top ten, are the first two on my list.
Currently my top 10 would be:

1) Early Edition (news feeds)
2) iBooks
3) Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (game)
4) Dungeon Defender (game)
5) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (game)
6) Team Viewer (utility)
7) Hungry Shark (game)
8) World of Goo (game)
9) Puzzle Quest 2 (game)
10) Zombie Smash HD (game)

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mostly iBooks, friendly for fb, flipboard, pages, evernote, kindle, YouTube, appshopper, engadget and Night stand central

Lucryster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zombie smash
Aralon
Flipboard
World of goo
Nova 2
Dungeon hunter 2
Kindle
Netflix

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My favorites (or the ones I go to the most)
iBooks, Nook, Google Books (my reading)
Words w/Friends, iSpades (favorite word games)
Doodle Jump, Ant Smasher, Fruit Ninja HD, Labyrinth (favorite games)
Pottery HD, Spider HD, Zen Bound 2 (favorite entertaining games)
FingerPiano and Magic Fiddle (favorite music toys)
Facebook (on occasion)
Weather HD

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of threads in that regard.
1. It would be polite if you name the kind of applications, you are using first.
2. make a search here, find out what people are using, and add it to your list
3. Publish your finds.

Seriously? Are you the Topic Police?

Why can't she just post her question in her thread? If you know anything, these threads are always popular. If the topic annoys you, don't open it.

LilRed ~

I only have 25 apps! Not many.:eek:

Pages
Angry Birds
Smash Zombies
Some dating apps
Additional games ones

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, tough to narrow it down to ten but here goes anyhow!

(1) Kindle
(2) iBooks
(3) Netflix
(4) Zumocast
(5) Stanza
(6) Pandora
(7) Atomic Browser
(8) Big Bad Sudoku Book
(9) Civ Revolutions
(10) Splashtop

I have to put a special #11 here for AppShopper. That is what I use to find all of my paid apps and to make sure I get them when they drop in price.

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've payed for only 4 apps so far - almost everything else I've got is free. Apps I've gotten the most use out of so far:

1) Air Video - convert videos to iPad friendly format and stream them from your PC / Mac - slightly crippled version is free, the full app is $3.

2) Pandora - best internet radio app, IMHO, and its free.

3) Dropbox - move files to the cloud from your mac/pc and access them on the iPad. Free.

4) The Weather Channel Max HD - get weather info from the Weather Channel - they did a great job with the UI on this app. Free.

5) Atomic Lite Browser - use it instead of Safari. It supports tabbed browsing among other features missing from Safari. Free.

6) Google Earth - ok, at the end of the day it doesn't do more than the (Google) Maps app that is included with the iPad, but its in 3D and its slick. Free.

7) Google Mobile App for iPad - at the end of the day this isn't much more than a list of bookmarks to most of the services Google offers. That may not sound too exciting, but, hey, its GOOGLE. Free.

8) BBC - tons of major news outlets have apps for the iPad (CNN, USA Today, Huffington Post, ABC News, CBS News) but the BBC's is my favorite.

9) NPR - listen to NPR news and music

10) SoundCloud - so far its not a native iPad app (just uses some of the screen since its an iPhone/iPod Touch App) but its great if you follow any of the music artists on their site.

**Rae**

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appshopper is awesome. It will let you set a wish list and will update you when any of the prices change. Must have app if you like to try out new ones.

My favorites are

Caringbridge (has my cancer blog)
Kindle
Huffington post
iBooks
CNN
Netflix
Shazam

Then a mixture of games...
Clue
Words with friends
Yatazee

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Appshopper is awesome. It will let you set a wish list and will update you when any of the prices change. Must have app if you like to try out new ones.

Yes, I forgot to mention AppShopper as well. Best of all it will let you filter for free apps so you can just browse those.

iPadUser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some I find fun/useful

-Rage HD(fun FPS game with GREAT graphics) $1.99

-iBooks or Kindle's app for reading

-Lego Harry potter yrs.1-4

-Weather HD(simple, but not a bad app for just casually checking the
weather

-Angry Birds HD
-Pandora Internet Radio
-Sound Hound(Just a fun little app that will amuse you for sometime)

The list can go on and on, those are just some applications that "shine" in my opinion. Just search/look at reviews, also the "Lite" versions of apps let you try it before you buy it. The threads of which apps are best are countless, just a search on goodle for top iPad apps will bring up many of the good ones.

Most reactions

Latest posts