What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are your dissapointments in Ios5 ?

mjla1715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not being able to copy and paste from many websites where I could previously.

IFile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't jailbreak5.0.1 so I'm waiting 5.0 well yea all those things especially mail

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Here are some of mine ...

1. Not able to delete useless contacts in mail app

2. Not able to close all open apps at once

3. No manual settings for equalizer in the music app, all presets settings are worse than the "off" preset

4. No quick turning bluetooth on/off

5. Safari is a little better but still "basic" browser

6. Why not displaying the date next to the clock on top of the screen

____________________________________________________________________________________________________​

re: #2 ... the only extra apps that run in background are music. As for the listing of apps that are open ... many are confused ... they are not running in background like in Android or MS. They are more like desktop so you can pick up where you left off when you do indeed go back to that app. iOS automatically eliminates apps as RAM memory is needed for your latest action. People who are directed to go into and delete them don't really understand RAM memory control in iOS. It isn't necessary.
re: #4 ... yes I would like a quick toggle for bluetooth on/off. But, I know how to do it ... so it takes a couple of extra steps, not a big deal.
re: #5 ... Safari works well, and the fact you can't customize with extensions is really perfect ... as that is the way the MS screwed its self with malware potentials. Security is paramount, and Apple really need a solid design for enterprise ... and certainly consumers benefit as well. If customization isn't well thought thru and you open the flood gates to do anything you think you would like from the past ... then you also have to live with all the side effects.
Just check out what Motorola just did for EU... the allow direct access to the root. So you watch what the malware folks do with that one. Enterprise will reject that approach is a heart beat.
re: #6 ... good idea ... it will probably show up in the next few OTA updates. Just be patient. In the mean time you can look at Calendar as you start your day and you will know what the day and year are. Not a biggy.

Last edited:

Tripmaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't like the way I am dropped out of Safari and taken to the home screen without warning. At times I lose considerable text that I have typed in forums.

Psarkago

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Newstand is a pointless app for me i wish i could delete it. The magazines are all really tasteless and mind numbing popular crap I cant stand.

The music app SUX. It's so much worse than the last one which also was terrible. Playlist building and general music management was effectively DOWNgraded to highly frustrating, and the interface is uglier.

Syncing is a little better but still a pretty rough experience.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Newstand is a pointless app for me i wish i could delete it. The magazines are all really tasteless and mind numbing popular crap I cant stand.

The music app SUX. It's so much worse than the last one which also was terrible. Playlist building and general music management was effectively DOWNgraded to highly frustrating, and the interface is uglier.

Syncing is a little better but still a pretty rough experience.

If you don't like the ipad so much sell it

Last edited:

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:

Here are some of mine ...

1. Not able to delete useless contacts in mail app

2. Not able to close all open apps at once

3. No manual settings for equalizer in the music app, all presets settings are worse than the "off" preset

4. No quick turning bluetooth on/off

5. Safari is a little better but still "basic" browser

6. Why not displaying the date next to the clock on top of the screen

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

re: #2 ... the only extra apps that run in background are music. As for the listing of apps that are open ... many are confused ... they are not running in background like in Android or MS. They are more like desktop so you can pick up where you left off when you do indeed go back to that app. iOS automatically eliminates apps as RAM memory is needed for your latest action. People who are directed to go into and delete them don't really understand RAM memory control in iOS. It isn't necessary.
re: #4 ... yes I would like a quick toggle for bluetooth on/off. But, I know how to do it ... so it takes a couple of extra steps, not a big deal.
re: #5 ... Safari works well, and the fact you can't customize with extensions is really perfect ... as that is the way the MS screwed its self with malware potentials. Security is paramount, and Apple really need a solid design for enterprise ... and certainly consumers benefit as well. If customization isn't well thought thru and you open the flood gates to do anything you think you would like from the past ... then you also have to live with all the side effects.
Just check out what Motorola just did for EU... the allow direct access to the root. So you watch what the malware folks do with that one. Enterprise will reject that approach is a heart beat.
re: #6 ... good idea ... it will probably show up in the next few OTA updates. Just be patient. In the mean time you can look at Calendar as you start your day and you will know what the day and year are. Not a biggy.

I totally disagree with the answer to #2. When I close all apps the available memory jumps from 17/18 mb up to 250mb or more and everything runs more smoothly

Most reactions

Latest posts