What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Where did you get your copy of Shadow of Freedom? I thought the publication date is next March.

baenbooks.com

It's an eARC copy. I can't remember exactly what the acronym stands for, but basically these are ebook copies that have not gone through final editing for mistakes. The story line is complete, but you may find a few more spelling and grammar errors than usual. That, plus paying full price, is the cost of getting the book a few months early.

On one occasion I bought the final edition after reading the eARC. I didn't notice anything much different, other than fewer spelling mistakes.

Be careful though. There are also half-complete books (clearly stated in the descriptions). I've never bought one of those. Only having half the story would drive me crazy. Not that Shadow of Freedom was a lot better. Like the last book, A Rising Thunder, there is so much going on that the book's end feels very abrupt. The plot is not nicely tied off, not even the subplots.

They both stop (I think) at very near the same point in the timeline. I have a feeling there will be a book (soon I hope) that pulls all those different stories and thread together. I seem to remember reading some note from David Weber to that affect.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just finished Necessity's Child. Wonderful ending. I don't recommend it for those not familiar with the Liaden universe though. Quite a bit of the detail and references will be missed.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
MoonlitSonata said:
eARC - electronic Advanced Readers Copy :) i'm a book reviewer so I get ARCs.

I'm a proofreader, so I get other people's crappy scans. ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Martimaniac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Hunger Games, A Song of Ice and Fire and Revenge of the Queen (this last one is comic/manga).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Scent of Evil (Joe Gunther #3). It's the third in a police procedural/whodunnit series by Archer Mayor. Very solid, real and believable series.

Marilyn

Someone19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A Night to Rememberby Walter Lord

It's a non-fiction book about the sinking of the RMS Titanic. Excellent so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

FlavioSousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs. It was fun and it seems that Tim Burton wants to make a movie adaptation.

Next ebook on the list is Salem's Lot.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FlavioSousa said:
Just finished Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, by Ransom Riggs. It was fun and it seems that Tim Burton wants to make a movie adaptation.

Next ebook on the list is Salem's Lot.

Ooohhh, I love Stephen King :eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts