What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Chantelle310 said:
That's true.. The movie just fell short for me though and I'm sure it's because I built myself up for it to be GREAT like the book. They got the characters spot on though I must say.

I tend to go into movies with the mind that they aren't the books. :) i've seen pics from the Catching Fire movie set and already there's a pretty big detail that's different.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoo-hoo! Just got and am going to start "Cold Days" - the newest novel in Jim Butcher's [Harry] Dresden Files.

Well, I'll start right after I finish the collection of short stories by Kim Harrison titled "Into the Woods: Tales from the Hollows and Beyond." It's a bunch of stories about her characters from her Hollows series.

An exciting weekend for sure! :)

Marilyn

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. I started the Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief on a lark, now I've finished the set and am on to the the Heroes of Olympus. So far (6th book by him) they have been very fun.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zstairlessone said:
I'm reading The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan. I started the Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief on a lark, now I've finished the set and am on to the the Heroes of Olympus. So far (6th book by him) they have been very fun.

I love Rick Riordan!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I bought my self-presents.

Necessity's Child by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller. It's the latest novel from the Liaden Universe. Excellent space opera.

Shadow of Freedom by David Weber. Latest in the Honor Harrington universe. Even better space (war) opera.

Captain Vorpatril's Alliance by Lois McMaster Bujold. Latest in the Vorkosigan series. More great space opera.

Seems to be a trend here. ;)

The Cobra Trilogy. More space (war) opera, but a new series and author for me. I think I'm starting some where in the middle of the series, but the price was good.

I think I'll start with Shadow of Freedom. I've been missing my Weber fix. Then again, Ive' been missing the other two authors too. They're all among the best.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just started this:

image-730461326.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Done with Shadow of Freedom and Captain Vorpatril's Alliance. About a 3rd way through Necessity's Child.

Where did you get your copy of Shadow of Freedom? I thought the publication date is next March.

Most reactions

Latest posts