What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you reading now?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Torch of Freedom by David Weber

and some of those free iOS and OS X programing books that Apple gave a way a few weeks ago.

Balel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, sorry to go off topic a little but I wasn't sure where to post this then found your topic and thought someone here may know my answer! I'm a new iPad owner, never had an iPhone, iPod or anything similar before, and am so far loving it!
I've just downloaded the iBooks app and have been having a little look at various titles to get an idea of prices. Found one with a free trial which I downloaded just to try the app out. When I then went into my library to look at this I found I also had a Winnie the Pooh novel! I haven't done a search for this at ANY time before or since downloading the app! (Although bizarrely I did love him as a child!) Does anyone know how I can have possibly purchased this without even seeing it? Not too worried about cost, I'm hoping it wasn't wildly expensive, but more puzzled as to how it's happened, and how to prevent future mistakes if I've made one!!! It says it was purchased today.
Many thanks x

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You didn't do anything wrong! Winnie the Pooh is a book that everyone gets when they install the iBooks app.

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleopatra on iBooks and Reading Jackie, her Autobiography in Books on Kindle! Love my iPad.

Foamfollower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant by Stephen Donaldson.

Also had a look at Winnie the Pooh ! Gotta love Tigger.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Steve Jobs is a Winnie ther Pooh fan.

Release them from the NY public library now!

Balel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1991-C4 You didn't do anything wrong! Winnie the Pooh is a book that everyone gets when they install the iBooks app.

Great news, many thanks!

Oh, and back on topic, I've also just downloaded Warhorse on my niece's recommendation.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Currently re-reading "Neuromancer" by William Gibson; I haven't read his cyberpunk stuff since the 80s, though I've been reading his newer work. Before that, I read all 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse collection - decent light reading, better than the HBO show, imo.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last time I read this was in high school! Its hard to believe this book was published almost 35 years ago!

zen-and-the-art-of-motorcycle-maintenance-by-robert-m-pirsig.jpg

Pirsig is now 82 years old. His son Chris would be a year older than me if he had not been murdered in 1979.

Last edited:

pluto6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Today is A. A. Milne's birthday ( also my son's) but Winnie the Pooh continues to be a favorite despite many years of reading.

Most reactions

Latest posts