What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most excited for at the September 9 Apple Announcement?

DrumsOfGrohl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple will be releasing and or announcing these products live on September 9.
  1. iPhone 6S
  2. iPhone 6S Plus
  3. iPad Air 3
  4. iPad Air Mini 4
  5. 4K iMac
  6. Apple TV
  7. iOS 9
  8. OS X El Capitan
and possibly the iPad Pro (12.9-inch iPad)

I'm most excited for iOS 9 (because I beta tested it for a bit, and other than the glitches, was a great improvement) and the new Apple TV (mostly because we're not sure what the upgrade will be; I'm a sucker for mysteries).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There's a good chance the iPad announcements will be held in a separate event in October. That's been Apple's usual MO for the last couple of years. That said, the rumored iPad Pro has my interest peaked. Even if there is no Pro, I'm going to be very tempted to upgrade to whatever is released, just so I can have all the newest multitask features.

I'm interested in the new iPhones, purely academic, since I have no intention of upgrading this year, but anything announced this year is bound to be part of the 2016 iPhone. Of course, a sudden influx of money and killer feature could change my mind on that.

I'm looking forward to El Capitan. The supposed clean up and speed up should give my current iMac another year or two of life. It's struggling now. I expect it to be released with the iPhones, mostly because I expect improvements in Apple's Continuity between devices and the Macs; which will require updates on both.

The Apple TV is always interesting, so I'd love to see improvements. If my iMac dies and grizzly death, then I probablby won't be able to afford a replacement for a long time. At that point I'd probably get an Apple TV and a decent TV monitor to replace its entertainment center duties. The iPad can take over most other, essential, tasks; though not as well as I'd like.

iOS 9 is my big interest. Mostly for what it will bring to the iPad, but even the iPhone will get some nice new features. And the promised performance improvements will go over well on the slightly over worked iPhone 6 Plus; if they pan out anyway.

I expect iOS 9 for the iPhone to be released on the same day as the announcement. The iPad version might be delayed. The extra features add extra complicartions, and it wouldn't be the first time iPad's have had a delayed iOS release.

What you didn't mention was the probably release of watchOS 2. I'm really looking forward to that. My newest toy needs some native app love.

Dollygal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really hoping the new iPads get announced/released in September this year. We've saved up and are ready to buy. But that is all I'm waiting for. We got new iPhones last year and will wait until at least 2017 to upgrade again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm interested in the new iPads or iPad pro, and new watch band colors!! Unless there's some great new features, phone will wait till next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts