What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I watched a podcast comparing the Nike Fuel band to the Fitbit One a few months ago. I don't know about the Jawbone Up or the Fitbit Flex, but if they are anything like the two I saw they definitely will help keep one motivated.

I know!! ...I spent a lot of time researching theses for the last 3 months. I was really steered toward the Nick Fuel Band and didn't even know about the jawbone up or the FitBit Flex. I am excited to get this. Bought one of my husband also so we can "compete/compare" our workout sessions! It also has an App for it as well, which seems pretty straight forward and easy to wirelessly sync to my iPhone and iPad!

I'll snap a few shots of this when I get it! :)

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know!! ...I spent a lot of time researching theses for the last 3 months. I was really steered toward the Nick Fuel Band and didn't even know about the jawbone up or the FitBit Flex. I am excited to get this. Bought one of my husband also so we can "compete/compare" our workout sessions! It also has an App for it as well, which seems pretty straight forward and easy to wirelessly sync to my iPhone and iPad!

I've been using the FitBit Zip since December and using the app with it. It is a great motivator and I discovered that I wasn't walking nearly as much as I had thought. But --- I want a Flex!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That is interesting and reminds me of an initiative our company ran a few years back to get the staff fitter. They issued packs including step meters to all who entered then people organised themselves into groups of five (they didn't even have to know each other) and steps were uploaded once a day/week with prizes going to the winning teams and league tables published monthly to push the competitive side. The idea of teams was to stop, say, an amateur marathon runner winning everything. It was really successful and helped improve fitness throughout the company. The FitBit Flex would be even better so maybe companies might see the investment value?

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been using the FitBit Zip since December and using the app with it. It is a great motivator and I discovered that I wasn't walking nearly as much as I had thought. But --- I want a Flex!

I was very close to getting the Zip...than looked at the One...than figured, why not get the Flex. My worry with the Zip and the One was that I was going to lose it like the rest of my other pedometers. I have a few left...that my organization did with a few other programs. This one was very simple and not digital. I liked this one quite a bit, but the reset button was a little hard to adjust.

Here is a pedometer that I really liked:

image-3447107550.jpg

As you can see, I am close to 10k--hopefully get that today! :)

Do you have a group that you speak to on the Fitbit App, Czevski?

That is interesting and reminds me of an initiative our company ran a few years back to get the staff fitter. They issued packs including step meters to all who entered then people organised themselves into groups of five (they didn't even have to know each other) and steps were uploaded once a day/week with prizes going to the winning teams and league tables published monthly to push the competitive side. The idea of teams was to stop, say, an amateur marathon runner winning everything. It was really successful and helped improve fitness throughout the company. The FitBit Flex would be even better so maybe companies might see the investment value?

The Archangel

That sounds like some of the incentive programs that we had here at our Health System. We currently have the Stair Club where we all meet and climb as many stairs as we can within the 30 minutes we are together. I think it's a great motivator and just a wonderful concept. We all received a presidential Fit Pin that is way cool that went straight into my pin collection! :)

I believe that our Company is starting this up once again along with the Pledge to stop drinking High Sugar drinks. This year, our Body Mass Index must be under 30 in order to gain the Health Insurance credits that we are eligible for. So this is one way for employees to get fit and gain control of their health! :)

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Organizing documents in Instapaper and Evernote. I had a lot of catching up to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts