What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's annoying, having an irresponsible dog-owning neighbor. Good thing they moved.

Well, if the earplugs work, why not stick with them?

I read this interesting article about light sleepers vs. those who aren't:

Brain-Wave Patterns, or Spindles, Identify Light Sleepers - TIME

I'm one of those sleep-like-the-dead types, lol.

Interesting article that, thanks KKK. I'll try to wean myself off them. Probably safer, like what if a smoke alarm goes off, or need to you use the alarm clock etc? Complicated business, this sleeping ;).
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting article that, thanks KKK. I'll try to wean myself off them. Probably safer, like what if a smoke alarm goes off, or need to you use the alarm clock etc? Complicated business, this sleeping ;).

Yes, I figure it's better to not have to wear earplugs, but good to wear them if the alternative is not being able to sleep, depending on each person.

There also are different types of earplugs. You could use concert or musician's earplugs, for instance, which dampen noise, but don't cut it out entirely:

Amazon.com: V-MODA Faders VIP Tuned Metal Earplugs (Gunmetal Black): Electronics

Universal Fit Musician Ear Plugs <font size="2">Clearly Hear the Music and Voices, Just Not as Loud!</font> - Earphones & Musician Ear Plugs

I keep my earplugs handy in case of unusual sounds, like a baby on a plane. I've yet to not hear an alarm with earplugs on, but that's probably because I rarely wake by an alarm, lol. I just wake automatically when I've had enough sleep. I do set an alarm to remind me to leave for work, but that's to remind me to get going because I could lose track of time doing stuff like messing with my iPad, lol.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

There is a series currently being repeated on BBC called Natures Weirdest Events, if memory serves me well they showed this in the series, if you have access to iPlayer you might be able to see it.

The Archangel

My goodness-that's an interesting read, kaykaykay! Wasn't it a few years ago that these creatures emerged out east? I seem to recall the news speaking about it.

Gabe--that sound like a good doc to watch. What is iplayer if I may ask?

Most reactions

Latest posts