What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
That's awesome. What's your destination?
AA

Im heading back to Dawson Creek now. I'm out of time for any more deliveries. I've got 3 hours left that I can work today.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks lovely out there Kevin, must be freezing though.
I've also seen that Ice Road Truckers, so very dangerous for some from what I've seen

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 10542

I think you mean "Ice Road Truckers". I do a different kind of driving. Theirs is over frozen lakes at very low speeds, mine is over mud and gravel roads and sometimes arctic tundra that has been iced over to take the weight of the trucks.

Yes, yes--Ice Road Truckers! That's it and great picture, Kevin!! Enjoy the music, ride and scenery!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Czevski said:
I love that iPads go everywhere and in this thread we're there too.

I'm pleased to be able to share it with you. I just wish the iPad had existed when I used to run around Europe.

As Admiral said, I'm lucky to do what I do. I see stuff that most people don't know exists, and get paid for it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
leelai said:
Looks lovely out there Kevin, must be freezing though.
I've also seen that Ice Road Truckers, so very dangerous for some from what I've seen

It's not too cold now. A few weeks ago it was -43. Now THAT was cold.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

Omg I can't even imagine those types of temperatures, I live in a tropical climate. Actually I'm melting slightly today it's so hot here right now. Take care on those roads, that must be perilous too!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good god. -43°C? That's freezing. Brrr. Can't imagine that either. -11°C is the coldest I've been in.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good god. -43°C? That's freezing. Brrr. Can't imagine that either. -11°C is the coldest I've been in.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

It was pretty uncomfortable. At that temperature your skin freezes in just a few minutes. I was working outside for as long as I could stand it, then sitting in the truck to thaw out. I didn't turn my truck engine off for a week.

It was around -14°C today. That's pretty comfortable, and gives good traction when driving on snow. I'm now sitting down with a beer, just to get back to the "right now" theme.

OP
tlbaker

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Drinking coffee getting ready for work in the outside world. Working from home for the past two days... YAY!'

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Drinking coffee too, sat in a Costa Coffee simultaneously reading T3 whilst posting in this forum and playing Simpsons (origin:seikooc) and tweeting (jamiee_sinclair).

That's what I love about the iPad. Everything in one place :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Nuts. I complain when it's in the forties without a minus sign.

Minus 43 makes me think of the Star Wars movie when Luke Skywalker has ended up on some hideous ice planet and has to slice open some sort of weird space camel (random, cannot remember) and use its steaming innards to stay warm and alive.

Most reactions

Latest posts