What are you guys doing right NOW??? ;)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tlbaker, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    That's the joy of mainly iTunes song I suppose. Most of mine are ripped from my cd' s and family and friends cd's.

2. Hayles66

Hayles66
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Expert

Thanks Received:
    I'm wondering whether the charging cords are of an inferior quality since the original ipad. My original which is now my eldest daughters ipad, it's cord is still in a good condition. But!!! I've just had to buy another cord for my younger daughters mini ipad and also now my ipad 3 charging cord. I was cross with my daughter and saying she didn't take care but now mine is playing up and that annoys me. The closest apple store is Bath and I don't have the time to go there and to order it on-line cost me £20 from Apple. I don't know about any of you but I find this outrageous! I tried using the cheap cords that I use to charge my iPhone but they don't charge the ipad 3. Maybe it's just me but I'm sure they don't cost that much to make. A bit peeved here!

3. nathan the ipad lover

nathan the ipad lover
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm still drooling over my soon to be mine car, even though it is a rust bucket with a non running engine :p here's a pic

the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

Attached Files:

4. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Yes, Nathan, I like your new signature!

5. nathan the ipad lover

nathan the ipad lover
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    thanks, I wonder if I can see if I can get the guy to get down on the price a bit!

the Plymouth Fury is an amazing car, though they're rare ! really rare at that, That is why I am getting a 1958 Savoy

6. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Hi Haylee,
    My cord wasn't working either so I bought a new one. The new one kept falling out of the port which was driving me crazy !!! So I took the original cord, wrapped some thin wire ( used for making wreaths etc) and wound it around and around from the hard part at the core onto the actual bendy part of the cord for about 4" along the cord. Then I stuck it in the port and kept moving it in every direction until the battery turned green. Once the battery turned green, I took some electrical tape and taped it in place. My cord now comes out of the port, makes a kind of curve like a backward "C" and is taped to the top right hand corner in landscape mode. At first it kept falling off because I didn't put enough tape to hold it to the back of my iPad. So now I have a huge piece of electrical tape first wound around the cord over the wire, then a piece on the right hand corner where the top of the iPad is rounded and then a four " piece of tape across the back at the top right hand corner! It is the original cord that came with the iPad! Every once in a while I have to make a small adjustment. I guess the down side for you guys is when you want to take it some where. If I ever DO need to unplug it I will take the cable out of the plug-in little box rather than take the cable out of the port and have to bend it and find the right place it needs to be to charge and then re-taping it again. It' shorthand try Haylee ! It works for me! And the newer cord will be a backup but will probably still. Be a pain in the butt because it will keep falling out of the port. I tried taping that first but it didn't work that well! GOOD LUCK!

7. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    It looks exactly like the Plymouth to me!!

8. nathan the ipad lover

nathan the ipad lover
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    yeah, it is actually a Plymouth, just a different model, a Savoy from 1958, Savoy's were not the popular cars but the Fury and Belvedere were, and my car is going to be this rust bucket when I get her over here and start doing work on her! I hope I can scrape up the cash to buy it and then fix it! Since NSW laws do not allow for rusty cars to be registered I think, but if I was in Queensland or Vic it would have been a different story, and I would have been driving her anywhere in Vic or QLD lol

9. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Do you know anyone from those territories? Like relatives or really good friends who would register it for you, or you could use their address to register it but use it where you live?

10. nathan the ipad lover

nathan the ipad lover
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    i am not sure if I know anyone, but once I get the car it will be registered if it is running, and also it will be driven in the desert to see how fast it will go with the running engine lol but I haven't bought it yet