1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

What are the most useful cydia apps?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by rotaz, Oct 17, 2010.

1. rotaz

rotaz iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In your opinion are the most useful and cool cydia apps that are currently available that do not have any issues for the pad?

Im a noob, can someone provide a detail list of each app? what does backgrounder do? Sbsettings? Etc.

I found a google document that is supposed to have this detail list but it didn't allow me access to the file.

Thanks in advance!
  2. nevius

nevius iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sbsettings - you can slide your finger along the top of the screen (near 'iPad') to bring up a menu where you can enable / disable wireless, bluetooth, ssh, etc., kill processes, shut down the ipad, and much more

backgrounder - gives you full multi-tasking. once it is installed. you can hold down the round button at the bottom of the ipad to enable backgrounding for an ipad application (do this while the application is running) it will keep running in the background until you disable backgrounding for it.

ifile - lets you easily access the full file system of the ipad, copy files, zip, unzip, and even mount the ipad as a webdav share. (Great for transferring files without syching). I recommend spending the $4 and buying the full version of iFile. It is an excellent program. It can essentially turn your ipad into a smartbook.

These are the only apps that I use (along with openssh, which I don't recommend for noobs because of potential security vulnerabilities).
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  3. Ksane

Ksane iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most definitely beyond a doubt I'd choose Activator as the #1 most useful app. You can assign gestures to do ANYthing or open any app. You'll never have to touch your hardware buttons again. Swipe to open mail, swipe another way to Background something (with Backgrounder installed), touch the status bar to simulate a press of the home button and close your apps. I LOVE Activator. What doesn't make sense is they want $15 for mADVlock to do 1 thing-to password protect programs. Yet Activator does one thing after another and does it flawlessly and it's free!
  4. Bodean

Bodean iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sbsettings
    backgrounder
  5. iPad-Sweden

iPad-Sweden iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
  6. NateEssex

NateEssex iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like Winterboard. I downloaded a Star Trek skin/theme :)
  7. glen4cindy

glen4cindy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure what it's called, but, I saw a YouTube video on a jailbroken iPad that allowed the icons on each screen the be swiped up as they can on an Android phone or iPhone, so that each screen was not locked into having a fixed amount of icons. I'd love to have this on my iPad, but, I don't know what it's called, but, I would consider this to be a most useful app. I don't even know how to search for this app!

This video also showed the ability to add more icons to the dock, but, did not list the name of this app either. This also seems like it would be a useful app.

Thanks everyone.
  8. Jdaud

Jdaud iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^infiniboard & infinidock^
  9. chandara

chandara iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    multiiconmover:ipad-front:
  10. Clickclickw00t

Clickclickw00t iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    heres my list:
    backgrounder
    proswitcher
    multiiconmover
    infinidock
    iconoclasm
    tab+
    sbsettings
  11. dapeeper

dapeeper iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also iconoclasm - allows u to have more icons per page. I use a matrix of 8 x 6 giving me 48 per page with space left over. Note it installs into Settings and must be used from there. No icon.

Categories
    Allows creating folders of icons custom grouped. When used with Iconoclasm, groups my icons into single "folders" with a single icon opening to a page of 48 icons. Saves the clutter and organizes my apps into groups - games, utilities, players, media, doc readers etc.