What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the most useful cydia apps?

rotaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In your opinion are the most useful and cool cydia apps that are currently available that do not have any issues for the pad?

Im a noob, can someone provide a detail list of each app? what does backgrounder do? Sbsettings? Etc.

I found a google document that is supposed to have this detail list but it didn't allow me access to the file.

Thanks in advance!

nevius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sbsettings - you can slide your finger along the top of the screen (near 'iPad') to bring up a menu where you can enable / disable wireless, bluetooth, ssh, etc., kill processes, shut down the ipad, and much more

backgrounder - gives you full multi-tasking. once it is installed. you can hold down the round button at the bottom of the ipad to enable backgrounding for an ipad application (do this while the application is running) it will keep running in the background until you disable backgrounding for it.

ifile - lets you easily access the full file system of the ipad, copy files, zip, unzip, and even mount the ipad as a webdav share. (Great for transferring files without syching). I recommend spending the $4 and buying the full version of iFile. It is an excellent program. It can essentially turn your ipad into a smartbook.

These are the only apps that I use (along with openssh, which I don't recommend for noobs because of potential security vulnerabilities).

Last edited:

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most definitely beyond a doubt I'd choose Activator as the #1 most useful app. You can assign gestures to do ANYthing or open any app. You'll never have to touch your hardware buttons again. Swipe to open mail, swipe another way to Background something (with Backgrounder installed), touch the status bar to simulate a press of the home button and close your apps. I LOVE Activator. What doesn't make sense is they want $15 for mADVlock to do 1 thing-to password protect programs. Yet Activator does one thing after another and does it flawlessly and it's free!

glen4cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what it's called, but, I saw a YouTube video on a jailbroken iPad that allowed the icons on each screen the be swiped up as they can on an Android phone or iPhone, so that each screen was not locked into having a fixed amount of icons. I'd love to have this on my iPad, but, I don't know what it's called, but, I would consider this to be a most useful app. I don't even know how to search for this app!

This video also showed the ability to add more icons to the dock, but, did not list the name of this app either. This also seems like it would be a useful app.

Thanks everyone.

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
heres my list:
backgrounder
proswitcher
multiiconmover
infinidock
iconoclasm
tab+
sbsettings

dapeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also iconoclasm - allows u to have more icons per page. I use a matrix of 8 x 6 giving me 48 per page with space left over. Note it installs into Settings and must be used from there. No icon.

Categories
Allows creating folders of icons custom grouped. When used with Iconoclasm, groups my icons into single "folders" with a single icon opening to a page of 48 icons. Saves the clutter and organizes my apps into groups - games, utilities, players, media, doc readers etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts