What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the current sleeves/cases missing?

photographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in the process of creating a case, and I would like to get some feedback from everyone regarding the current offerings. I am very appreciative of any help you can provide.

1. What are the current sleeves/cases missing that you find would be useful?
2. What is your favorite material for the exterior of a case?
3. What do you think is the best material for the inside of a case for protection?
4. Do colors really matter that much, and if so, what would you say is the "best" color for a case/sleeve?
5. Add in anything you can think of that you would like to see in a sleeve/case

I am looking for responses on all models of the iPad, including the mini.

Thanks!

OP
P

photographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"The Ultimate iPad Site" - Really?

Seems like unless you have something to complain about regarding Apple, or somehow you have managed to crack your screen without touching the iPad (happens all the time, no really), the feedback and support on the site so far has been useless. I don't just mean regarding this post, I have spent quite a bit of time on the site, and usually this is the case. How unfortunate.

Happy iPad-ing everyone!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think you should ease up a bit....this site isn't here to guarantee anything...people response if/when/how they see fit.

Regarding the iPad mini...i've been having a hard time finding a quality case that isn't too heavy. If a case goes above 4 oz then it ruins the experience for me. Also, to me, the angle of the typing mode is important. Apple smart covers have an angle that is too shallow. Bear Motion has what I consider to be a good typing angle.

Some people want a heavy duty case to protect their devices when dropped by kids, etc. I want a case that keeps the device from getting all scratched up (so I can maintain resale value) but yet isn't too heavy or bulky. I guess sick and tire of cases that come only in black or brown, though an overly loud case will drive me off too. I'm not hard over on the materials, but I do prefer something that will hold up well over time. On my mini, I'm currently using the Peotic Slimline case taht were going for $5 delivered on Amazon. It comes in an array of colors, has opening in all the right places, weighs slightly under 4 oz. It protects both the back and the front, and has some soft felt type lining inside. The one downside is that it is not super stable in the typing position nor is the angle what I prefer. But for $5, I'm willing to live it these shortcomings. I have four of them: white, blue, red, and black. Oh, another great feature is that if you hold case with the cover side facing down, the magnets are strong enough to keep the cover closed.

For my iPad 3, I use The Garrison by Bodyguardz. It is a nice case too but only comes in black and is a bit heavy. I tried the poetic for it but didn't like it so much.

Cases are very personal. And there are zillions of them.

Most reactions

Latest posts