What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Are The Best Apps For Elderly

michaelblase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's what I was dreaming for today as an app for the elderly.

I have a couple of parents that are getting very forgetful. They often need to be reminded what day it is and what they have to do that day.

I'd love a very simple almost non-interactive app. It would say In big letters the day of the week and the date. The day of the week is easy to forget when you don't have a work schedule.

Then, below that there would be the appointments for the day (if any) or it would say "no appointments today."

The appointments could be entered remotely by the children or caretakers. Maybe through Google calendar or Apple iCal. That way the children could help manage their schedule remotely and the parents would be to refer to the calendar by just looking at it.

The iPad would hang on the wall and always be plugged in and on. Maybe they would have to touch it to make it show but that's about all the interaction they would need. Or they could touch it and see the next days or a monthly view and scroll around but left alone it would return to a very basic, very easy to read simple daily calendar where they could see everything for that day at once and possibly the next at once.

I'm thinking this might help their anxiety of trying to remember what they have to do the next day.

Thanks for reading this.

Beards

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's what I was dreaming for today as an app for the elderly.

I have a couple of parents that are getting very forgetful. They often need to be reminded what day it is and what they have to do that day.

I'd love a very simple almost non-interactive app. It would say In big letters the day of the week and the date. The day of the week is easy to forget when you don't have a work schedule.

Then, below that there would be the appointments for the day (if any) or it would say "no appointments today."

The appointments could be entered remotely by the children or caretakers. Maybe through Google calendar or Apple iCal. That way the children could help manage their schedule remotely and the parents would be to refer to the calendar by just looking at it.

The iPad would hang on the wall and always be plugged in and on. Maybe they would have to touch it to make it show but that's about all the interaction they would need. Or they could touch it and see the next days or a monthly view and scroll around but left alone it would return to a very basic, very easy to read simple daily calendar where they could see everything for that day at once and possibly the next at once.

I'm thinking this might help their anxiety of trying to remember what they have to do the next day.

Thanks for reading this.

Whilst you await a suitable answer you could for the time being use the default 'Clock' app.
It shows the time at the top in large numerals and to the left is a display of what is the next 'Alarm'.

Messages could be entered as 'Alarms'. You can have as many as you wish and would give off an audible alarm when due.
All Alarms would be visible on the daily timed grid below the large numeral time.
To display a particular alarm simply tap on one and to the left of the time would show the Alarm message.
To view all Alarm messages simply tap on 'Edit' where here is provided a list of all message alarms. You can delete any Alarm messages from the Edit area.

Hope this may help.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So set up calendar entries with a reminder. They would be notified on the notification area and an audible bing. Do it all the time for myself and my forgetful,other half.

Most reactions