1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

What are the benefits and downfalls of jailbreaking an ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by TitusD, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitusD

TitusD iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I know this is gonna cause a bit of a stirr but its just not something I know anything about. I don't think I want to do it as I'm happy with the device as is but I am keen to hear others opinions.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +814 / 0
    It won't cause a stir. The forum fully supports jailbreaking, and provides excellent tutorials for those who want to do it. I've never felt any compelling reason to JB so my devices remain stock.

I'm sure your best answers, however, are going to come from those who jailbreak.
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732 / 0
    Have a look at this thread to know what jail breaking is: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Then, this thread will give you an idea of the various things you can install or do with a jail broken iPad: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824

As Kevin said, jail breaking the iPad is perfectly fine and we have a huge sub-forum that supports it. May I suggest you take a look around that sub-forum forum and read other people's trials and tribulations with jail breaking.

As we have many threads asking about jail breaking (and what people think about it) and you now have the links, I'll close this one. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.