What are my options???

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by trip110, Nov 12, 2013.

1. trip110

trip110
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    So the time has come my first gen ipad is dying (this thing has been a warrior, survived a lot)....My question is, I have the $30 dollar unlimited plan with att, what ipads can i use? I dont want to lose the $30 unlimited data plan, are all the ipads (2,3 and 4) and mini plug and play with the sim card? Ive been searching the forum and cant seem to find what i need, any sugestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -Tim

2. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi, Tim! Welcome to iPF!

I'm from Austria, so I'm not familiar with your provider. What I can do is give you information about the size of the SIM cards:
    iPad 2, 3 and 4 use Micro SIM cards, whereas all the other iPads (mini, Air, mini 2) need Nano SIM cards.

I hope that will help a little. I'm sure you'll soon get more assistance to help you with your decision.

#2 J. A., Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. avanthika

avanthika
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi, Tim! Welcome to iPF!

4. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Call AT&T and ask. Ultimately it's up to them. As long as you are not actually changing plans, there is a fair chance you'll get to keep the unlimited. On the other hand, almost all the carriers have pulled out the stops when it comes to trying to get you off those unlimited plans.

Unless you can just swap out the SIM card, as per Johanna's list, you won't be able to use the iPad without some kind of help from AT&T.

5. squib

squib
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    HEY. TPoet,
    This is probably not the right place tp post this. I admit I am confused about the new sections and hope a moderator will move this to the right place if need be. Here is a question that has been driving me nuts for about a year. In your opinion when you shut your iPad down, have slid the red slider and watched the spiral until it stops: - then you plug your iPad in to be charged and the white apple comes up 1, Is your iPad truly STILL shut down in the same way as if you had slid the red slider and watched the spiral down? OR 2. You have to do the red slider all over again, what the spiral down where you KNOW for sure it is powered off?
    In YOUR opinion TPoet, man of many talents, if the white apple comes up after powering/spiraling down - is it still as though you were at the end of powering down? Or do you have to do the slider to be sure? THANKS TPoet, you know how much I love your Opinions! Yes, I do!
    So, please, when you have the time, I am just waiting to hear YO! Diane. Cyberhug coming your way!
    Hope you catch it!

Peace begins with a smile. :)
    M Teresa