What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are my options?

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently on 5.0.1 and I have noticed certain apps which are calling for 5.1. What are my options to run these apps? Be kind I am new to this jail breaking stuff.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From reading your previous posts - you're on an iPad2, correct?

Unless you have both an iOS 4 blob AND the blob from iOS 5.1.1 (and you didn't use over-the-air upgrade), I'm afraid you're stuck with the version of iOS you are running. If you have those blobs, you can upgrade to iOS 6.1.3 and then downgrade to iOS 5.1., which is jail breakable.

Otherwise, without those blobs, the only upgrading you can do is to iOS 6.1.3 - but without the ability to downgrade (and that iOS is not jail breakable).

So, whatcha got?

Marilyn

OP
kostnkost

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow 2 months and I totally forgot about this thread.... Old age is setting in fast lol.

I basically have no blobs and really do not mind if it is jailbroken anymore. What would be the easiest way to 6.1.3 or 7?

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can follow this guide here. iOS 6 blobs are currently unusable because there are no methods for custom restoration at the moment. There may be a method to do so in the future, though it's doubtful as MuscleNerd said last year in HitB

OP
kostnkost

kostnkost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can follow this guide here. iOS 6 blobs are currently unusable because there are no methods for custom restoration at the moment. There may be a method to do so in the future, though it's doubtful as MuscleNerd said last year in HitB

Thanks for this!

It says if you haven't been receiving errors, then try and restore directly from Itunes before using the tutorial. Would this be wise, or should I give this a shot first?

Edit - Thanks guys, I am officially unjailbroken and on OS 7.0.3. Sad day indeed, but had to be done.....

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts