What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What apps have you downloaded since jail breaking iPad2?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
What apps have you downloaded on your ipad2 since jail breaking?

As above really, what have you downloaded and why....and most of all, did it perform as you expected?
This I hope will help me with what I should download, and please remember that this forum does not allow the discussion of pirate software....please adhere to this as it will save on moderators time!!

I have searched to see if anyone else had started a thread like this and drew a blank, so let's hope it's ok!

Cheers, Chris. :)

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe you should add "on ipad2" to the thread title. So as to cut down on confusion. ;)

BornAfflicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had two reasons to JB my iPad 2

1) SBSettings
2) Scrollingboard

Both working great and as expected (especially the SBSettings plugin for Scrollingboard)

I haven't installed them yet but Cydelete, weathericon, Winterboard and Bosspaper are next on the list.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure bosspaper is iPhone only.....unless they updated recently...

You really, really, really should have pkgbackup on that list as well.

BornAfflicted

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure bosspaper is iPhone only.....unless they updated recently...

You really, really, really should have pkgbackup on that list as well.

WOW! You're right, 'Pkgbackup' IS a must-have. And Bosspaper is indeed for iPhone only at the moment. I found a tweak to get it to work on the iPad, but it looks buggy. Guess I'll wait on that one.

Bostonvince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to get openssh up an running but it said alpine was the wrong password. Does the Ipad2 have a different root password then the other IOS devices? Terminal didn't work to let me change root password.. hmph

TC93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my first jailbreak, but so far I'm not impressed. It's like almost all the apps and addons or themes are made for the iPhone. Even the wififofum app is lame (I wanted an app like that, but the iPad 2 has such a weak wireless signal it hardly picks up any signals, compared to my windows pc)

The themes or boot screens don't seem to work at all.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TC93 said:
This is my first jailbreak, but so far I'm not impressed. It's like almost all the apps and addons or themes are made for the iPhone. Even the wififofum app is lame (I wanted an app like that, but the iPad 2 has such a weak wireless signal it hardly picks up any signals, compared to my windows pc)

Agreed ,,so Gray wolf we need your advice...but few themes are fantastic. And I got what I wanted :)

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TC93 said:

So you're blaming wififofum for the crappy antenna strength in the ipad?
check both links in my sig for ipad specific tweaks....

As far as themes go....have you tried blackhaz3 HD? On the main cydia spotlight page......themes>ipad>....don't see any you like?

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Some great answers so far, I spent hours yesterday going through all the different tweaks and programs on Cydia and comparing the ones you have all mentioned, loads more work to do, keep posting cos it's great to read about why your downloading what you are.
Thanks for all your time.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
So you're blaming wififofum for the crappy antenna strength in the ipad?
check both links in my sig for ipad specific tweaks....

As far as themes go....have you tried blackhaz3 HD? On the main cydia spotlight page......themes>ipad>....don't see any you like?

I tried to installl above said blackhaz3 ....but when I install it gives error. Http forbidden 300 :(

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Most reactions

Latest posts