What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What app is this...?

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was watching This Old House last week and in there tech part of the show, the guy was showing an app that allowed you to scan the product and it would get you the manual for the appliance, or whatever you scanned. However, they failed to mention the name of the app. I’ve tried going to their web site, but couldn’t find anything. I also searched the App Store and could only find bar code scanners. This app was very different. You need to only scan the tag on the appliance or large tool for it to work. Anyone ever hear of this...?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Pauley - I use to watch This Old House (Ask TOH) weekly in the past - kind of stopped but need to get back to the show - concerning your question, do you know what was scanned? For example, you mentioned 'bar code', there are also QR codes, or was the actual object scanned?

Also, I went to the This Old House Website and watched the latest episode, but no 'scanning' involved; however, check the link where a 'question' can be asked - finally, can you provide the episode # you watched? Might be available online - I'd take a look, if possible. Dave :)

OP
P

Pauley

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Pauley - I use to watch This Old House (Ask TOH) weekly in the past - kind of stopped but need to get back to the show - concerning your question, do you know what was scanned? For example, you mentioned 'bar code', there are also QR codes, or was the actual object scanned?

Also, I went to the This Old House Website and watched the latest episode, but no 'scanning' involved; however, check the link where a 'question' can be asked - finally, can you provide the episode # you watched? Might be available online - I'd take a look, if possible. Dave :)

Just as your reply came, I found the app. It’s called Centriq.

Thank you.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just as your reply came, I found the app. It’s called Centriq.............

Great! Just looked at their website and appears to be quite useful for home owners - will download later and see what the many features do - Dave :)

ADDENDUM: Downloaded the app to my iPad - only a universal iPhone version is available, i.e. w/ a 2X enlargement, which I dislike - sent an email to the developer and already received a response - they seem to be 'working on' an iPad version - would be nice for manual reading, diagrams, etc.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts