What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What app can record my ipad screen???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdpercy434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please tell me where can I get a screen recorder ... Message me a link please to let me redirect to the App Store to the item... Thanks... I use iPad 3 and iOS 6... Free app only please!

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please tell me where can I get a screen recorder ... Message me a link please to let me redirect to the App Store to the item... Thanks... I use iPad 3 and iOS 6...

You already have a screen recorder within your iPad.
Go to the screen you want to record. Simultaneously hold down on the On/Home buttons and then let both go. You will hear a camera click and the picture of your screen will be found in Photos. Then tap on Camera Roll and your screen will be the last in that.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
J

jdpercy434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not picture just want to make a video with my iPad screen...

OP
J

jdpercy434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's ok, some people will send if they can see one of free app

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your only option maybe to get an hdmi kit from eBay and once this is playing on your TV record it that way. Although I've not tested this myself so I'm unsure what recorder you will need.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Disp. Recorder does it. Kind of expensive, if you ask me. And it does not always work well, or do as you would expect. I've seen it work very well and also very poorly. I think it depends on how the app that is controlling the screen works in regards to the ipad hardware. It might be able to help you if your function is important enough to justify taking a chance on it. If not, I'd advise skipping it.

OP
J

jdpercy434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you find some free app that I can download? And the name of app to be searched or the link to continue there??? Thanks...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no free app that will let you record your iPad screen. The only stock app that exists is "Dpl Recorder" and it's $9.99 (USD) at the app store (and, it also has pretty poor reviews).

If you are jail broken, there is the tweak "Display Recorder," but that tweak is not free, either. It is $4.99 (USD). Again, however, that's only if you jailbroken.

Bottom line is - there is no free app to do what you wish. None. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
J

jdpercy434

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No but I see a free from someone but won't give me a link...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no free app that will let you record your iPad screen. The only stock app that exists is "Dpl Recorder" and it's $9.99 (USD) at the app store (and, it also has pretty poor reviews).

This guy...this is now the third name for this app...I have the first two apps on my iPad...and now this one. I'm going to write him a nasty gram!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No but I see a free from someone but won't give me a link...

Let me put this as nicely as I can: There is no free version of this app/functionality. If you get a free version, it's because either someone stole it (piracy) to give to you or you downloaded it from a piracy site. Either way - you cannot legally get this app for free. If there are links out there for a free version of this app/tweak - then they are piracy sites (and thus illegal).

Again - this app is not legally available for free (!). You buy either the App Store app or the Cydia tweak (if you are jail broken).

Since this question has been asked and answered many times (in this very thread!) - this thread is now closed. Please don't ask about this again.

Thank you.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts