What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What advantages will I get by jailbreaking my iPad?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SylvieB1984 said:
In the post it says it's because of the way it was recorded that it shows that graphic (if I understood well) :)

It's the video wallpaper found in cydia "nexus live wallpaper" or something to that effect.

Last edited:

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in Bath yesterday and, as I was passing the Apple Store on my way back to the railway station, I popped in and asked one of the technical bods a couple of questions...

1) Is there any plan in th near future to have an onscreen keyboard with a number row?
A) No, it has been trialed by Apple and it makes the iPad unusable as you get no screen left to work with.
2) Is there any plan to be able to connect external storage to iPads?
A) This is not possible to do - the hardware is not capable of doing this. Any other questions?
3) Not really, you've helped me make the decision to Jailbreak my iPad. I believe I can get a number row on my keyboard and be able to connect some external storage through my camera connector.
A) I know about the number row on the keyboard on jail-broken but was not aware it was even capable of using USB external storage. The iPad has never been marketed as a computer, it is an external storage device - why would anyone want to connect storage to it?
4) I use mine as a laptop replacement an take it on holiday - I would want to be able to add more movies during a holiday.
A) I can understand why you'd want to Jailbreak - I cannot recommend you do it as it would invalidate your warranty but, anyway you could just restore it before you brought it in to us.
5) I pretty much out of warranty anyway - thank you for your help :)

A helpful and not totally brainwashed Apple technical bod!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lukepast said:
I was in Bath yesterday and, as I was passing the Apple Store on my way back to the railway station, I popped in and asked one of the technical bods a couple of questions...

1) Is there any plan in th near future to have an onscreen keyboard with a number row?
A) No, it has been trialed by Apple and it makes the iPad unusable as you get no screen left to work with.
2) Is there any plan to be able to connect external storage to iPads?
A) This is not possible to do - the hardware is not capable of doing this. Any other questions?
3) Not really, you've helped me make the decision to Jailbreak my iPad. I believe I can get a number row on my keyboard and be able to connect some external storage through my camera connector.
A) I know about the number row on the keyboard on jail-broken but was not aware it was even capable of using USB external storage. The iPad has never been marketed as a computer, it is an external storage device - why would anyone want to connect storage to it?
4) I use mine as a laptop replacement an take it on holiday - I would want to be able to add more movies during a holiday.
A) I can understand why you'd want to Jailbreak - I cannot recommend you do it as it would invalidate your warranty but, anyway you could just restore it before you brought it in to us.
5) I pretty much out of warranty anyway - thank you for your help :)

A helpful and not totally brainwashed Apple technical bod!

Ext keyboard app - no need to jailbreak but results then need to be copy and pasted to the relevant app, not a big deal though IMHO.
Hyperdrive - no need to jailbreak.....and looking at other threads here there are more drives coming.

The Archangel

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Beats me. Sometimes I think we should make our search button really big and red!

Done! :D

Attachments

• image-2196118328.png
    image-2196118328.png
    282 KB · Views: 383

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hope u didnt need a powrred hdd..wish i cud use usb hard drive woth it..quite strange that its not possible even with jb!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
I hope u didnt need a powrred hdd..wish i cud use usb hard drive woth it..quite strange that its not possible even with jb!

Apple put limitations on the power going out the cck and jailbreakers are yet to find where that setting lies.

Last edited:

Hackint0sh814

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:

I think this would absolutely kill your battery life as well. Maybe not with flash drives, but a mechanical external HDD. I could this significantly cutting down the operational time on the battery.

Most reactions