What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What advantages will I get by jailbreaking my iPad?

tamisomuch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm actually a new user of iPad, never used Apple's products also before like iPod. So I was just wondering, what advantages will I get by jailbreaking my iPad? Is it worth it to do that? I heard it can damage the iPad itself. Thanks before, looking forward for your answers ;)

Tami

my storm8 id: tamisomuch

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I put a lil vid together for the droves of people that constantly ask this question.
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMrj12guqPE[/ame]

I used display recorder to record the screen which is also why you can see my screen swipes....this is just the tip of the ice berg.

Last edited:

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres basically no limits to what you can do when your Jailbroken. I have been surviving with my iPad 2 (non-Jailbroke) but i still keep around my first iPad because its Jailbroke and theres so many tweaks and customizations (themes) and it just makes the overall iDevice experience so much better.

OP
T

tamisomuch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all ;) I really appreciate your answers. I'm using iPad 1G and I was thinking maybe I would only jailbreak it after the guarantee expires, but maybe it will be worth it to jailbreak it as soon as I can if it's safe and won't break my iPad.

my storm8 id: tamisomuch

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nickso said:
I can now see the link, cool video. I wonder in the color boxes moving across the screen were video graphics added or if they are part of the actual screen on the jailbroken iPad ?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Thanks....Thats the animated wallpaper found in cydia.

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No doubt this is everything that I've wanted when looking for a tablet. Jailbreaking my iPad 2 (when possible) will give me the widgets I love and the apps I need. Thanks for giving me hope!

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jailbreaking your iPad makes it the ultimate tablet. Except for the crappy camera...

FREE MY iPAD2 

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Cincybearcatfan said:
No doubt this is everything that I've wanted when looking for a tablet. Jailbreaking my iPad 2 (when possible) will give me the widgets I love and the apps I need. Thanks for giving me hope!

Your welcome but once jb happens for the ipad2...thank the developers by buying their apps and not being a pirate.

Btw - funny how this thread has more views than most of the stickies :D

Last edited:

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone especially Outl4w!

I can see several reasons to Jailbreak my iPad:

The keyboard with a numbers row being the best:)
The active content on the home screen being another
The downloading YouTube videos
The connecting an external hard drive - is that for real? Like I can connect a USB hard drive via my camera connector?
I'm on 4.3.3 or whatever version is the latest so, I think I'll have to wait?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lukepast said:
Thanks to everyone especially Outl4w!

I can see several reasons to Jailbreak my iPad:

The keyboard with a numbers row being the best:)
The active content on the home screen being another
The downloading YouTube videos
The connecting an external hard drive - is that for real? Like I can connect a USB hard drive via my camera connector?
I'm on 4.3.3 or whatever version is the latest so, I think I'll have to wait?

You're welcome:D....yes you can connect a USB hard drive, but it must be powered, no stand-a-lone USB hard drive will work...a few thumb drives will though.
If you have ipad1....you can still jb on 4.3.3....look in the tutorial section for f47b0y great tuts...

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts