1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

what about memory?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by timjoe, Nov 24, 2012.

1. timjoe

timjoe iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'm getting an ipad4 cellular soon...my wife will use it to read ebooks...i presume they can be downloaded and then deleted when you're finished with the book...not sure how much video or photos i'll download into the ipad from my cameras...anyway, just as a general capacity question, is 16gb too little, is 32gb about right and is 64gb a capacity overkill?...will i regret it if i don't get the max capacity?
  2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    It depends on the user. 64 GB is not enough for me. Safe bet is 32 GB.
  3. buerkletucson

buerkletucson iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I originally purchased a 32GB and almost immediately knew it was to small......I like having all my music available when I want it.
    Also, video gobbles up space very quickly.

For most users I would say to get the biggest you can afford........especially if you plan to keep it for a long time.
    But, it obviously depends on the way you plan to use the device.
  4. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +836 / 0
    I never heard anyone complain that they had too much storage.

THere is so much you can do with these things; if you can afford 64 go for it. who knows when you might be in a position to record a breaking news event? Want to be caught with no storage for video?
  5. zstairlessone

zstairlessone iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +439 / 0
    I have a 64Gb and keep a couple of unwatched movies, several hundred books and tons of music. I still have room to transfer podcasts, install apps to test, take pictures and movies. I do wish for more storage though - I would be able to keep a season of a show to watch during downtime and wouldn't have to transfer music in and out or take pictures and video off.
  6. Aaron stone

Aaron stone iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I suggest you go with 64Gb

As your saying you will install videos and all stuff I have bought an iPad 3 64GB which is not yet sufficient to me.Well as per the stats 60 percent of the people buy 32 GB iPads.If you think it's of too high budget then you prefer 32 GB
  7. jwt873

jwt873 iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Yes.. It is all the user. 16 GB is plenty for me. The primary use for my iPad use is mobile web browsing.

I'm still using my iPad1 that I bought 2 years ago. I've only used 9 GB. (That consists of 9 short home made videos, 241 still photos, 539 songs, 3 books, about a dozen PDF files and 66 apps)... When I bought it, I wasn't sure how much memory I'd need, so I took the middle road and went with a 32 GB. It turns out that it was too much for me.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  8. rhardin

rhardin iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    16 is prefect for me, I love music but I have amazons mp3 app on here and have all my music there only my fav on my ipad it self.... I'm happy with the 16 size...
  9. j joy j

j joy j iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I have the 64 and find I can run myself low on space if I don't watch out. Mine is mainly music, apps (games and productivity) and books. I do rent a couple movies now and then but always delete them right away. I fell better safe than sorry.