What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what about memory?

timjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm getting an ipad4 cellular soon...my wife will use it to read ebooks...i presume they can be downloaded and then deleted when you're finished with the book...not sure how much video or photos i'll download into the ipad from my cameras...anyway, just as a general capacity question, is 16gb too little, is 32gb about right and is 64gb a capacity overkill?...will i regret it if i don't get the max capacity?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
timjoe said:
i'm getting an ipad4 cellular soon...my wife will use it to read ebooks...i presume they can be downloaded and then deleted when you're finished with the book...not sure how much video or photos i'll download into the ipad from my cameras...anyway, just as a general capacity question, is 16gb too little, is 32gb about right and is 64gb a capacity overkill?...will i regret it if i don't get the max capacity?

It depends on the user. 64 GB is not enough for me. Safe bet is 32 GB.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I originally purchased a 32GB and almost immediately knew it was to small......I like having all my music available when I want it.
Also, video gobbles up space very quickly.

For most users I would say to get the biggest you can afford........especially if you plan to keep it for a long time.
But, it obviously depends on the way you plan to use the device.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I never heard anyone complain that they had too much storage.

THere is so much you can do with these things; if you can afford 64 go for it. who knows when you might be in a position to record a breaking news event? Want to be caught with no storage for video?

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a 64Gb and keep a couple of unwatched movies, several hundred books and tons of music. I still have room to transfer podcasts, install apps to test, take pictures and movies. I do wish for more storage though - I would be able to keep a season of a show to watch during downtime and wouldn't have to transfer music in and out or take pictures and video off.

Aaron stone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest you go with 64Gb

As your saying you will install videos and all stuff I have bought an iPad 3 64GB which is not yet sufficient to me.Well as per the stats 60 percent of the people buy 32 GB iPads.If you think it's of too high budget then you prefer 32 GB

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on the user. 64 GB is not enough for me. Safe bet is 32 GB.

Yes.. It is all the user. 16 GB is plenty for me. The primary use for my iPad use is mobile web browsing.

I'm still using my iPad1 that I bought 2 years ago. I've only used 9 GB. (That consists of 9 short home made videos, 241 still photos, 539 songs, 3 books, about a dozen PDF files and 66 apps)... When I bought it, I wasn't sure how much memory I'd need, so I took the middle road and went with a 32 GB. It turns out that it was too much for me.

Last edited:

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
16 is prefect for me, I love music but I have amazons mp3 app on here and have all my music there only my fav on my ipad it self.... I'm happy with the 16 size...

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the 64 and find I can run myself low on space if I don't watch out. Mine is mainly music, apps (games and productivity) and books. I do rent a couple movies now and then but always delete them right away. I fell better safe than sorry.

Most reactions

Latest posts